Better Instant Pudding

For creamier better tasting instant pudding use a can of evaporated milk instead of 2 cups of regular milk. If you are cutting calories you can add fat-free evaporated milk. At my grocery store a can of evaporated milk is 50 cents.

By Susann

I thought you should compare the cost of the milk vs. evaporated milk to make the pudding....

I pay $3.75 Cdn for 4 litres of milk (16 cups) which turns out to be $0.23 per cup. Since you need 2 cups of milk...cost would be $.46 for regular milk per batch of pudding.

In our store I do not know the cost of evaporated milk...since I never buy it (but may now, to make pudding!)

Could you give a cost comparison for where you live?

Did you know you can also use plain vanilla yogurt which gives MORE calcium. I do it this way now 1 cup skim milk and 1 cup of just plain yogurtt. Pudding is plenty sweet so you don't need sweetened yogurt.

Vanilla pudding.
Pudding Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsSeptember 1, 2005
Jar of instant oatmeal.
Homemade Instant Oatmeal Recipes
Cup of banana pudding topped with whipped cream and a vanilla wafer cookie.
Banana Pudding Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Carnation Instant Breakfast Recipes
Chocolate pudding in a bowl with a spoon.
Saving Money on Pudding
🎉
🎄