Uses for Leftover Wrapping Paper

If you don't want to store wrapping paper for the next appropriate holiday or birthday, get creative and use it for other purposes. This is a guide about uses for leftover wrapping paper.

January 20, 2013 Flag

Having run out of tissue paper for packing around gifts, I shredded some wrapping paper. It looked great. Now instead of paper gift wrap (even the most crumpled bit! ) going to the bin it goes in the shredder and I have my recycled packaging.

Happy new yew year to you all.

From Derry/Londonderry U.K City of culture 2013

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a great idea for our Township's Earth Day event - "Re-use, Re-purpose, Recycle"! We will show examples of this at the Environmental Commission's booths. Always looking for practical ways to re-use materials. Thanks a bunch!

December 29, 2011 Flag

If you are like me, you do not like to store left over wrapping paper, what a hassle. Instead of storing it I turn it over and use the back side for wrapping gifts, boxes to store magazines in, or organizing bins. There are many uses for it. Let the kids draw on it.

Of course then there is always the tube it was rolled on. There are dozens of uses for it, electric cord storage, walkie talkies for the kids, many kids toys can be made from them. Corral yardsticks in one, tape several together to organize dowel rods. Once you get started, you won't know where to stop with the uses you will come up with for both the paper and the roll it came on.

When you go to buy your paper, try to think of other holidays instead of just Christmas next year. Purchase plain colors so you can use it all through the year. You can add Christmas motifs and greenery to make the gift say Christmas, if you feel you have to.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have used pretty wrapping paper to cover manila folders. When I use the folders, I remember the person who sent the gift. Usually I remember what is in a particular folder by the design on it. I have kept them for many years.

February 11, 2005 Flag

I use leftover holiday wrapping paper all year long in my sewing room. I hate working with flimsy tissue paper patterns so I lay them out on the white back of the wrapping paper and transfer them with a Sharpie (it bleeds through the tissue). The new paper patterns are easier to fold and store and last through many more foldings than tissue. And I don't have to pay for special pattern tracing paper!

By Amy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is such a good tip! The paper available for sale in sewing centres is too expensive to buy, and I have used everything from left over holiday wrap to brown paper bags to trace off patterns trying to save money.

I think I'll be buying after-holiday sales wrapping paper now. I teach sewing from my home and will pass the idea onto my students, too.

February 26, 2007 Flag

If you make your own sewing patterns or make duplicate patterns or revisions to patterns like I do, use your old Christmas wrapping paper or Christmas tissue paper, it makes great patterns!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 1, 2006 Flag

Wrapping Paper for Wall Art. While at a book store, I found some beautiful wrapping paper. The one I chose was several rows of cats. . .

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 22, 2007 Flag

Here's my favorite tip for left over "Xmas Print" wrapping paper: I sew and like to alter or make my own patterns so, my favorite "Christmas Left Over Tip" is to use left over Christmas wrapping paper for making patterns with.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2011 Flag

If you're like me, you have way too much wrapping paper left over from Christmas. I turn it over, white side up, and staple it to the wall in my kids' room for their artistic whims to go wild! They love decorating their new "wallpaper".

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 26, 2012 Flag

I use leftover wrapping paper from holidays to practice my origami sea turtle craft. I still have to perfect the feet on the sea turtle. I don't like to practice with the regular paper until I get it right.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 13, 2006 Flag

What are some uses for leftover Christmas paper?

Emily from Greenwood, SC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Run thru a paper shredder and use it in the bottom of gift baskets next year.

Just use the opposite "white"side and decorate as you please for any occasion gift.

Thanks for the ideas for using wrapping paper. I need to get busy and try some of these!

Warm wishes from SC

Emily

Here are directions for a very neat tree ornament

http://www.thri  4541769.tip.html

Cheers,

Rose Anne

February 26, 2007 Flag

I keep my leftover Christmas wrapping paper. Then I can use it to wrap up delicate and fragile ornaments off the Christmas tree to store in a box for the next year. Then, I repeat with new and fresh after gifts open the next year and so on.

By Safka from Oregon

Answers:

Uses for Leftover Christmas Wrap

Okay, this is a simple, but brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing. (11/11/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Gifts Wrapping PaperFebruary 29, 2012
A starburst Christmas ornament made with wrapping paper.
Making a Paper Starburst Ornament
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 5:50:56 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.