Uses for Leftover Wrapping Paper

If you don't want to store wrapping paper for the next appropriate holiday or birthday, get creative and use it for other purposes. This is a guide about uses for leftover wrapping paper.

Having run out of tissue paper for packing around gifts, I shredded some wrapping paper. It looked great. Now instead of paper gift wrap (even the most crumpled bit! ) going to the bin it goes in the shredder and I have my recycled packaging.

Happy new yew year to you all.

From Derry/Londonderry U.K City of culture 2013

This is a great idea for our Township's Earth Day event - "Re-use, Re-purpose, Recycle"! We will show examples of this at the Environmental Commission's booths. Always looking for practical ways to re-use materials. Thanks a bunch!

If you are like me, you do not like to store left over wrapping paper, what a hassle. Instead of storing it I turn it over and use the back side for wrapping gifts, boxes to store magazines in, or organizing bins. There are many uses for it. Let the kids draw on it.

Of course then there is always the tube it was rolled on. There are dozens of uses for it, electric cord storage, walkie talkies for the kids, many kids toys can be made from them. Corral yardsticks in one, tape several together to organize dowel rods. Once you get started, you won't know where to stop with the uses you will come up with for both the paper and the roll it came on.

When you go to buy your paper, try to think of other holidays instead of just Christmas next year. Purchase plain colors so you can use it all through the year. You can add Christmas motifs and greenery to make the gift say Christmas, if you feel you have to.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

I have used pretty wrapping paper to cover manila folders. When I use the folders, I remember the person who sent the gift. Usually I remember what is in a particular folder by the design on it. I have kept them for many years.

I use leftover holiday wrapping paper all year long in my sewing room. I hate working with flimsy tissue paper patterns so I lay them out on the white back of the wrapping paper and transfer them with a Sharpie (it bleeds through the tissue). The new paper patterns are easier to fold and store and last through many more foldings than tissue. And I don't have to pay for special pattern tracing paper!

By Amy

This is such a good tip! The paper available for sale in sewing centres is too expensive to buy, and I have used everything from left over holiday wrap to brown paper bags to trace off patterns trying to save money.

I think I'll be buying after-holiday sales wrapping paper now. I teach sewing from my home and will pass the idea onto my students, too.

If you're like me, you have way too much wrapping paper left over from Christmas. I turn it over, white side up, and staple it to the wall in my kids' room for their artistic whims to go wild! They love decorating their new "wallpaper".

I use leftover wrapping paper from holidays to practice my origami sea turtle craft. I still have to perfect the feet on the sea turtle. I don't like to practice with the regular paper until I get it right.

If you make your own sewing patterns or make duplicate patterns or revisions to patterns like I do, use your old Christmas wrapping paper or Christmas tissue paper, it makes great patterns!

Wrapping Paper for Wall Art. While at a book store, I found some beautiful wrapping paper. The one I chose was several rows of cats. . .

Here's my favorite tip for left over "Xmas Print" wrapping paper: I sew and like to alter or make my own patterns so, my favorite "Christmas Left Over Tip" is to use left over Christmas wrapping paper for making patterns with.

What are some uses for leftover Christmas paper?

Emily from Greenwood, SC

Run thru a paper shredder and use it in the bottom of gift baskets next year.

Just use the opposite "white"side and decorate as you please for any occasion gift.

Thanks for the ideas for using wrapping paper. I need to get busy and try some of these!

Warm wishes from SC

Emily

Here are directions for a very neat tree ornament

http://www.thri  4541769.tip.html

Cheers,

Rose Anne

I keep my leftover Christmas wrapping paper. Then I can use it to wrap up delicate and fragile ornaments off the Christmas tree to store in a box for the next year. Then, I repeat with new and fresh after gifts open the next year and so on.

By Safka from Oregon

Answers:

Uses for Leftover Christmas Wrap

Okay, this is a simple, but brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing. (11/11/2006)

By Persnickety Paula