Use Less Ground Beef In Recipes

A lot of recipes call for 1 pound of beef. Hamburger helpers, tacos, etc. To get an extra meal I use 3/4 of a pound of meat. I get the same flavor but more bang for my buck. So that way a 3 pound pack of beef will be good for 4 meals.

Then I'll include something else to supplement the meal. For example when I make hamburger helper. I'll make a salad (I'll get those bags of salad for 99 cents and add some tomatoes), for tacos since it doesn't make as much meat I'll make a can of re-fried beans so we layer meat and beans in our tacos.

My family loves it! With lasagna I'll add more cheese layers since meat is still more expensive than cheese.

By Parsnip39 from USA

Also, when I make meatloaf. I add some oatmeal and 1 cup of mixed veggies (I get one without lima beans) which I grind up in my food processor. Add the regular spices and such. It's delish and better for you. :) Thumbs up!

Adding extra refried beans in place of ground beef - unless they're of the vegetarian variety - may save money, but it probably isn't more healthy!

Usually you don't even notice 1/4 lb less beef. Good thinking!

I also like the idea of adding veggies to meat loaf. Must only make it better!

I do the same thing. But with things like Hamburger Helper, since we aren't big salad eaters at our house, I add a can or two of vegetables to the casserole. Sometimes I'll add more pasta to the casserole too, but usually just adding the veggies makes it stretch to 4 meals instead of 3.

Double Cheese Burger
Saving Money on Ground Beef
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 1, 2010
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Ground Beef Casserole
Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
Ham Loaf
Ham Loaf Recipes
Ground Turkey Burgers on Grill
Cooking with Ground Turkey
🎉
🎄