Save on Ground Beef

I have been shocked at how expensive ground beef has been lately. But I found a way around the higher prices! At my supermarket, ground beef is $2.69 per pound. So a 4 pound pack is $10.76. BUT, When I go to the freezer section, a 4 pound box of frozen hamburger patties is only $6.99 for the box.

I buy the box of patties, and then at home I thaw out 4 patties. When they are thawed, you can cook them just like you would a pound of ground beef. You can mix them together with herbs to make meatloaf of Salisbury steak, you can break the meat up for hamburger helper, or just cook them as burgers.

Using this tip saves a lot of money. I saved $3.77 for 4 pounds of ground beef, or $0.94 per pound!

By Shannon from Lakewood, OH

Good idea!

$2.69 per pound? I would LOVE to pay so little for ground beef. At Kroger, here in Katy, TX it is upwards of $5/lb!

OF course it depends on if you want 75/25, 85/15, etc. What "blend" are you talking about? the 85/15 is usually about $3.99/lb here!

Hi- I, too, am amazed at how little you pay for pre-ground meat. However, I found a way to get it cheaper, and "safer" too...no pink slime for me! I wait until lean roasts or "london broil" cuts go on sale for anywhere from 1.69 to 1.99 a pound. Then I have our grocery butcher grind it for me. I buy 10-15 lbs at a time, package it at home as I plan to use it and freeze the supply.

Thats what I call a savings! Thank you! I usually have to wait until it goes into the markdown bin.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsAugust 20, 2012
🌻
🐛
👔
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Save-on-Ground-Beef.html