Chicken And Rice L'Orange

Ingredients

• 1 cup uncooked Texmati White Rice (basmati)
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions

Directions

Combine rice, orange juice, water and salt in a 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.

While rice is cooking, melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds and cook and stir until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove almonds and set aside.

Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in skillet. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides. Add orange marmalade to skillet and stir to coat chicken. To serve, spoon rice onto plate, top with chicken. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and green onions

Calories: 466

Servings: 4
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: AllRecipes

By LRP from LWL, MA

I made this tonight for supper and it was a keeper! Very simple and very good. The only thing I did differently is I added some frozen peas to the rice after cooking and I used sugar free marmalade. It was great. Thanks for the recipe.

I made this tonight for our family and it was outstanding, 5 stars! I liked that the chicken didn't have additional breading.

After initially tasting the sauce, I added the following, just to kick up the flavor a little:

1 tsp minced garlic, 1 Tbsp grated ginger root, 1-1/2 Tbsp soy sauce

Thanks so much for posting such an easy and delicious recipe, I may never buy Panda Express or Pei Wei again. :)

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesJune 2, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Chicken and Rice Soup
Chicken and Rice Soup Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🎄
🍂