Refrigerator Makes Ice But Will Not Dispense

My ice maker will not dispense ice. It is making ice. What could the problem be.

By Janice from Dallas, TX

Sometimes old ice solidifies into a block at the bottom of the bin preventing the screw from turning, or the screw mechanism turns but the ice is in too large chunks to dispense. Try emptying out the bin by hand and see how it does after that.

Clean the coils under fridge (or behind if in back).

Sometimes my icemaker ice gets stuck together and it will not drop into place to deliver the ice into a glass. Empty the ice tray and get newer ice. Sometimes the ice will stick together when it gets old.

I have an Amana refrigerator and it has a problem with the ice maker it makes ices ,but It doesn't go down to the despencer it just makes a click on the flapper. What can I do?

My icemsker makes ice but it has periods of time thatit will not despense ice. It will always depence water. It has one lever and three despenceer buttons

April 25, 2011 Flag

I have a brand new Kenmore Elite with the water/ice in the door. The water runs fine, ice tray is full, it just won't dump the ice into the hopper. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Vince from Levittown, PA

Answers:

Is it still under warranty? Do you have you a trouble shooting guide with the fridge? Is the tray pushed back far enough? I did find out the hard way that you need to be careful about any frozen foods placed near the ice tray. This was a long time ago, but I ruined my ice maker when a box of frozen peas got too close and somehow prevented the tray from turning over. Don't force any movement from your ice maker as this will make things worse. Good luck I hope you solve the problem soon. (08/12/2010)

By Amandablue

May 6, 2010 Flag

I have a Whirlpool side by side with ice maker mod#ED5VHEXTB01. The ice maker door dispenser does not give ice upon request. On the times it does not, if I jiggle the flap that covers the hole then it would work.

There is also significant ice build up in the door area of the flap where ice comes out of the door upon demand. Are there springs or some sort of mechanical system that resets and readies the ice door dispensing system?

By robrho1 from Columbus, GA

Answers:

Call in someone to fix it. (04/07/2010)

By MCW

Before you call and pay someone to fix it (as was previously mentioned):

Do you have the operating manual? Perhaps there's a trouble shooting chapter for you to try to find the problem yourself? If not, you could try calling Whirlpool Customer Service and ask them what might be the cause and the fix for it: (866) 698-2538. (04/08/2010)

By Deeli

April 5, 2010 Flag

My Frigidaire side by side refrigerator makes ice, but will not dispense cubes or crushed ice.

By Chris from St. Paul, MN

Answers:

Is there a special dispenser lever? I once had a standard "freezer above the fridge" freezer with an ice dispenser and there was a bar that needed to be moved/adjusted in order for the ice to be dispensed. Perhaps review the refrigerator manual or call the manufacturer if you can't find your solution? (12/01/2009)

By Deeli

Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesApril 25, 2011
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
🎄