Tinting White Tissue Paper?

I'm looking for a way to tint sheets of white tissue paper any other color. I picked up a bunch of plain white and would like to use them for upcoming holidays. Thanks!

Sara from Idaho

How about streeaks of watercolor paint or diluted food coloring.

You could apply the diluted food colouring in a fine spray using a small spray bottle for an interesting speckled/streaky effect - practice on a piece of newspaper until you get the effect you want.

How about trying the spray paint (I think it's Design Master) that's made for artificial flowers. Another thought is to stamp your sheets.

Good luck,

I've read that you can decorate (tint?) paper by blowing liquid bubbles at it. The bubbles are the type you played with as a kid. Dip a "wand" into the liquid and gently blow through the "O" at the paper you want to colorize. When the bubbles pop they leave circular colored designs on the paper. You need to "hang" the paper up, and I'd do it outside, as the bubbles leave their mark on any surface when they pop.

Blue Tissue Paper Sticking out of Green Gift Bag
Crafts Using Tissue Paper
Crafts AdviceJanuary 9, 2005
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
tissue paper flowers at wedding
Making Tissue Paper Flowers
Toilet Paper with Flowers
Making Scented Toilet Paper
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet