Saving Just the Tips You Want

I love all the tips I read on this site and I often want to keep something in case I want to use it later on. I have found a good way to keep the information handy for later on.

I open a new email document before I read Thrifty Fun (in Outlook Express) then, when I read something I want to keep, or print out, I highlight and copy that part into my 'New' email. It's then easy to print out what ever I want.

If there are several tips I want to keep in the list of tips, either cooking, or house cleaning tips, I open another 'New' email and I copy the different tips into a 'New' email and give them an appropriate 'Subject' heading.

I already have 'Folders' in my Outlook Express eg. Cooking, Cleaning, Gardening, Pet or Craft, etc. This makes it so easy to save the tips into the appropriate folder. It's then quick to find a particular tip.

Another way is to just save them into a Folder into 'My Documents' in Outlook Explorer.

By Wendy M. from Hervey Bay

Editor's Note: Another helpful way is for our registered users. Anytime you see a tip, recipe or article you like, just hit the "Follow" link under the title and then you can access it whenever you like, in your bookmarks. Registering is free and only takes a minute, or you can use your Facebook account.

I used to do just what you wrote as a tip. I don't do that anymore. I copy the things I want to save to Word, because once my computer crashed and I lost all the things I had saved in Outlook Express because you can't make a back-up of that and you can make back-ups of Word!!

Greetings from Holland,

Create a new folder in partition D: (or wherever you keep you files for printing/processing) but not partition C:.

Call this folder something simple, like 'Text', open it then create several sub-folders like - 'Hobbies'; 'Crafts'; 'Food'; 'Health'; 'Home' etc, etc.

Now when you come across a tip or artcle you like on a website simlpy highlite it using the mouse (be sure to highlight the website and auther). Next hit copy (control-C) open Word Pad and paste (Control-V). The information you have highlighted will then be transfered to Word Pad and you can then open the File menu, click on SaveAs (give it your own title at this stage) and transfer it to the appropriate sub-folder (see above).

I just click on the red heart and add any tip to the contents of one of my AOL "favorites" folders. It doesn't get stored on my computer that way and easily retrievable by clicking on the top Favorites heart bar, then under whatever folder I placed it.

I must have about 200 folders there and use them often.

Really, the quickest and easiest, is just to email the tip to yourself under "Share"! Cay from FL

Organizing Useful Tips from Websites
Organizing Useful Tips from Websites
Organizing TipsAugust 30, 2006
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Saving Money on Medicine
Saving Money on Medicine
Close up of Steel Wool
Saving Money On Steel Wool