Side Swept Bangs

Does anybody know how to get those side swept bangs? Do you style them? Do you need to cut them? Whats the deal with side swept bangs?

Aliesha

You normally would have to have them cut on an angle. And from there style or "train" them to go to the side you cut them towards.

The deal is: it's the latest fad out of Hollywood. My mother made me wear them when I was little and they were awful! Always in your face unless you wear hair barrettes. Just forget it, the fad will be gone soon enough. Everybody had them at last night's Oscars, that's probably the official saturation point.

Ask your stylist to cut your bangs at an angle across your forehead, so they're shorter on one side. After washing, take a round brush and a blow-drier and hold you bangs away from your head in the brush. With the dryer on "high," dry your bangs from the short side to the long side, with the ends flipping out, or in depending what look you want. Use hairspray while drying or a pretreatment styling lotion for hold.

Thanks everyone for the advice. After tons of research I took iton my self to cut my bangs. They came out okie...And Agian thanks for the advice..continue to leave comments tho.cuz I still need em'.

i was just debating the same thing..whether i should cut em or go to the salon. just got em done at salon yesterday and LoVe em! for tips use straightening lotion and a hair straightener and your bangs will look lovely all day!

Oh my goodness, that is so funny. I kinda cut mine after my hair dresser did. Let me tell you, feel like I have 80's bangs. Thanks for the tips. I feel like I am constantly putting my bangs in barrettes. Kinda annoying actually.

Well, I cut my bangs myself and everytime I would look in the mirror I would trim something. Now my hair looks okie but its not as good. It still dosent look like those side swept bangs evryones got. Ughhy.... I did evrything I saw on these youtube videos and evrything but it still dosent look great.

I found a video at

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/57954_women-hair-side-swept.htm

I just cut my own using those instructions and I like them...Now I just need to figure out how to layer my hair.

OH my...girls Stop cutting your own bangs and GO TO A PROFESSIONAL haha it costs 5 bucks at most salons to get an awesome bang trim that changes your whole appearance, and looks great PLUS she can show you how to style them! Being a Redken Master Specialist for hair design there is one thing I have learned along the way. Bangs are cut a certain way on that particular person for them to work...you wont get the right look by 1, not being a stylist and knowing what to do. 2, watching a how to video, and 3, messing up, and 4 using those paper scissors you bought at walmart! If your trying to meet a guy The first thing he sees is your face and "bang" so are you gonna risk Messing them up? or are you gunna go to the salon down the street and spend 5 bucks?? Id go down the street and Splurge! :)

I did my own and they look great - get compliments on them all the time and I love the look.

If your going to get your hair cut by somebody (other then a professional) have a very trusting good hairstylist friend do it and you should eaither straighten the bangs or curl them slighty (easily done with a straightner by curling them back)

I still need help help with my hair. I'm not sure if the side swept bang will look good with my hair but I'm willing to risk it. So do I ask my local hairstylist to cut my hair in like a sweep? Or will she only part and cut it a bit so I have to style it? My sis asked for a side bang, but you can hardly tell it's there. OK second Q: If she does cut it so that you can barely see the sweep, can I somehow use the blow dryer and gel to make the sweep more visible? Or will that not work? Thanks so much!

I just got mine cut by a professional. The length is good but they will not go to the side, maybe I need to train them. But they go straight down and curl under, like I am 8! You are not alone.

I did mine myself all I did was cut them the length I wanted, then I blew them out a couple times (you should get them wet over & over & over again) and they "learn" to stay there.

I think its a horrible idea to cut it yourself.If you mess up. You CAN'T fix it! So I think The smarter thing to do,is go to a salon.its better because-its not expensive and they look great!Don't take the risk. if it turns out wrong, it can be fixed.

BEST ADVICE: Get professional help! DO NOT cut them yourself!

I did once and it turned out so bad. I'm planning on getting professional help to get them back to the way they were.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingFebruary 25, 2008
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
glazed carrots
Carrot Side Dish Recipes
Lentil Bean Side Dish
Bean Side Dish Recipes
Pasta Side Dish
Pasta Side Dish Recipes
🎉
🎄