Use Dog Food as Treat

My friend heard from her vet that if you feed your dog Kibbles 'n Bits as a treat, they will really like them and also get food that is good for them. I tried this and my dog Jack just loves his treat.

By Penny from Park Falls, WI

The dogs like the kibbles & bits because it has one of the highest percentage of sugar of the dry foods on the market. It definitely should not be given to dogs with a diabetic problem and should not be fed to overweight dogs.

Using dog food as a treat might be okay, but when you are training a dog, you really need to use something extra special that they don't get as all the time as their meal. You need to have their attention and have something they really really want.

Kibbles & Bits is one of the worst dog foods out there! The high sugar content is only the beginning, it is full of by-products and mystery meat proteins. It is inexpensive for a reason, just like no-name generic foods for humans. I pick up samples of different high-end dog foods (that are different from my dog's regular kibble) to use as treats. Found a great site for analyzing dog food quality at dogfoodadvisor(dot)com It is a real eye opener!

Two bone shaped dog biscuits
Saving Money on Dog Treats
Pets DogsDecember 10, 2010
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
Cat Food Trick-or-Treat Bag
Making a Cat Food Trick-or-Treat Bag
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎄
🍂