Browsing: Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch

Removing nail polish stains from an upholstered couch or sofa can be challenging. This is a guide about removing nail polish stains from a couch.

Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 27, 2012 Flag

I left some nail polish out with the lid on, but some kids found it and started painting lessons on the couch! To save myself from an eternity without nail polish, I came on this site. My sister and I used nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, and toothpaste! It worked! It took a loooong time of scrubbing and cotton balls but when you use them all, it works. Just remember to wash off all the toothpaste or it is sticky.

Good luck :)

August 18, 2016 Flag

How do I get dry nail polish off my cloth couch? It's been there a few months as my 3 year old tried painting her nails. Any suggestions would help? Wanting to sell my couch and can't with nail polish on it.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 2, 2006 Flag

I believe it is cotton. I tried nail polish remover, and although it did not remove the color on the fabric butit didn't remove the nail polish either. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Katrina from Liverpool, PA

If it happens again use oil to get it off the baby

Well I am using multi brush from Deichmann.....it takes everything off the skin or textil.....i slipped on our floor once and I put the nailpolish on couch...... Couch is white nailpolish was purple.... So I took it and it came out perfectly....just with warm soapy water.....you can buy The brush for 4$ ( sorry for bad english I am Slovak ^^)

I have the same situation mine has been there almost a month but I been hiding it underneath pillows. My mom wants to sell the couch but she doesn't know about the stain. Help me

July 1, 2014 Flag

I was doing my nails on the couch when no one was home. I had to go use the ladies room, when I came back I completely forgot the nail polish was on the couch with no lid on so I accidentally knocked it over as I sat down! The couch is a light brown micro. Please help me. Any good advice is fine, as long as it works.

By Leilani

I used nail polish remover on my couch and it worked! I was very surprised.

It doesn't seem to help all that good, I tried nail polish remover, hot water, and hairspray and nothing is getting it completely out. I don't know what to do

I got purple nail polish on my beige couch! Try a wet power vacuum with some pet carpet remover or oxi clean gel with nail polish remover and rubbing alcohol. It takes quite a while but really wroks!

February 28, 2015 Flag

My kid was painting her nails in the living room and got some polish on the couch. The couch is black and the nail polish is pink. Please help. I don't know what to do and I don't want to make it any worse.

By Kelly from Virginia Beach, VA

Try spraying (or the liquid, unscrew the bottle) from hairspray. It works great on rugs, I never tried it on furniture before. Hope that helps.

April 20, 2011 Flag

How can I get nail polish off of my microfiber couch?

By Kayleigh

Had the same problem - my daugher and her friends during a birthday party spilled hot pink nail polish on a brand new sand microfiber couch a few years ago - just tried nail polish remover and I can't believe it worked!

February 2, 2006 Flag

We have a nail varnish stain on our Channile armchair that has dried. Does anyone have an idea how to remove it?

If chair is too heavy for you to move, ask a friend to help,

Skip

very helpful! I did mean remove the stain.

August 7, 2007 Flag

My two year old spilled a whole bottle of purple-ish fingernail polish on my new suede couch. The tag on the couch says to use water based cleaners to clean it. The couch is a blue/gray color. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! PLEASE HELP!

Ashley from Arkansas

Try using a soft old toothbrush and aceton. dip the tooth brush in aceton and in circular motion do a little at a time be sure to rinse the brush out often.

June 30, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how to remove a small area of clear nail polish from a microfiber couch?

Kathy

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish from Microfiber

I don't know the color of couch but i would think you could test nail polish remover in an inconspicuous place and if it doesn't take color off try it on nail nail polish a little at a time hope this helps. (04/20/2007)

By Denise

Removing Nail Polish from Microfiber

I spilled half a bottle of RED nail polish on laminate wood floors and a white microfiber sofa, NAIL POLISH REMOVER saved me! It only took tiny amounts to get it off of the floor, don't rub just sweep it across the floor gently as though you were dusting it. Try to have the gunky puddles wiped up already. As for the sofa I gently scraped the nail polish (with the tip of a butter knife) trying to get the top layer off and then with a washcloth (light color so as not to transfer color ONTO the sofa) rubbed and scraped directly over the polish until it was clean.

You need to just shape the cloth over your finger, put the tip in the opening of the remover bottle and moisten the cloth. Use your fingertip in the cloth to rub a small section of the microfiber until it comes clean and then with white paper towels (maybe a white towel would work also) rub across that small spot back and forth until it is nearly dry-this prevents rings from forming around where you cleaned. If you get the sofa too wet it will be hard to avoid rings. You need to only let each small part stay wet a few minutes, maybe 8-10 minutes at the most, and then dry it whether you're finished or not. You can go back to it after it dries but you should work fast so as to avoid this. Your chances of getting it completely off are better in the first cleaning. I worked in 1-2 inch sections, it was very tedious and time consuming but it worked. Good Luck! (01/13/2008)

By Kristina D.

April 20, 2011 Flag

Do should I get fingernail polish out of a micro fiber couch?

By Mitasha from Fenton, MO

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish from Microfiber

Whatever you use to take the polish off, be sure it doesn't make a worse mess/stain on the material. I used polish remover to take some off of a "suede" dress, but it took the fuzzy fake suede off as well, so it was worse than when I started. I have to cover the spot with a broach. (11/03/2010)

By louel53

November 1, 2010 Flag

I spilled red fingernail polish on a beige fabric couch. The couch is not microsuede, but it is a type of micro fiber. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

By Teresa from FT Rucker, AL

July 6, 2010 Flag

How do I remove nail polish from a microfiber couch?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 29, 2012
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Cleaning Stains off of a Couch
Cleaning Stains on a Couch
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 26, 2016 at 5:33:52 AM on 10.0.2.218 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.