Feeding a 5 Week Old Puppy

I have a 5week old dog at the moment that is having rice pudding. How old and when can he have puppy food, as I'm worried he is not getting any vitamins. I have tried mushy puppy food, but it made him have runny poo. So for now he is just on rice pudding. Please help.

By Lorraine from Wales

I would try a different brand of puppy food until you find one that agrees with him. Check your pet store for puppy vitamins. Good luck!

If you are giving him rice pudding with milk and sugar in it, that is not good for him. Try mixing some plain boiled rice in with the puppy food. Also, talk to your vet, he should be able to advise you. Good Luck.

Joan from Chesterfield, MI

A change in food can also cause loose stools. Start adding puppy food into a boiled rice mixture, and keep increasing the food, and use less and less rice each time. Eventually, you'll be able to go with just the puppy food.

Please take that little one to your vet, who can tell you exactly what to feed it that has the right amount of nutrition, especially since it's been taken prematurely from its mother. Rice on its own isn't nutritionally balanced for a young puppy, and the sugar and dairy in the pudding isn't good long-term for a dog any age.

December 20, 2011 Flag

What else can I feed my 4 to 5 week old Pit Bull besides her mother's milk?

By Valencia from Baton Rouge, LA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I gave my 6 week old puppy cottage cheese is easy to digest also chicken broth. Good luck please make sure you give him his shots and fix him asap.

I gave my 6 weeks old puppy cottage cheese and chicken broth and lots of love, please. Make sure you give his shots. Good luck.

Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 21, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
🎉
🎄