Spray Wrinkle Releaser Recipe

My daughter, Traci, gave me a tip on getting the wrinkles out of clothes that were left in the dryer too long and got wrinkled. You can mix a small amount of any type liquid clothes softener with water in a spray bottle then hang the wrinkled item on a hanger and spray generously. Hang the article either outside or somewhere in your house and let dry. You will be amazed at the results. I hardly ever have to iron anymore. Try it! Your clothes smell great too.

By Gelene from Rotonda West, FL

This is an excellent suggestion - one I intend to try. Wrinkled clothing is the bane of my life! Ha! Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

I've been using the same 'Downy' spray bottle for awhile, just add a capful of liquid softener to the empty bottle, add warm water to the top, shake lightly to mix. Works well!

I love this idea, having said that...there are some liquid fabric softeners that have stained clothes going through the softening rinse, and one I will not use again. This lady's formula may have changed that with the vinegar and water, but I would caution, try it on something you don't care about first.

I have seen other recipes that just use water and fabric softener. Why the vinegar and does the fabric softener scent cover the vinegar smell?

I use wrinkle releaser very often~everyday as a matter of fact. I purchased a spray bottle, about 12 oz. and put 1 tablespoon of inexpensive hair conditioner and shake it up well. Works very well.

If I'm not sure that I'll be near by when the dryer stops.

Two things to try.

1. Set the dryer so that they will be left damp and then finish when you're able to be there.

2. And better option, let the items tumble for 5-10 minutes and then remove and put on hangers to dry the rest of the way. The heat from the dryer will have relaxed the wrinkles and you save $$$ since the dryer is one of the biggest power users in our homes. I only use the dryer for my husband's dress shirts, using option 2.

I've done this for several years. Just put about 1/4 cup of any brand of softener in a large bottle (I use an old wrinkle release spray bottle) and fill with cool water. I just lightly spray it, rub my hand down the item or give it a few shakes and the wrinkles are gone and you can wear it immediately as it was only lightly sprayed.

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser Recipes
Homemade Wrinkle Releaser Recipes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 6, 2010
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes