Cleaning a Trench Coat

What is the best (temporary) way to remove general grime and worked-in stains (especially food and road-salt stains) from a dry-clean only water-resistant trench coat?

The color of the coat is black, the fabric is sort of a cross between polyester, cotton, and nylon. I want to clean it up a bit but since I'm at college there's no dry cleaners near me. I've been using orange-citrus all-purpose wipes on it; I figured that they were OK to use since there's no bleach in them, but should I be using them on a Dry Cleanable coat? Will it harm the fabric or finish?

Thanks!
PMZ

Answers

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingMarch 21, 2007
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
Fur Coat
Repairing Fur Coats
Finished racks mounted on the wall.
Making a Fish Coat Rack
🎉
🎄