Buy a Year's Worth of Pet Medication from Your Vet

My elderly cat is on high blood pressure and thyroid medication. She receives a partial tab of each once a day. My vet usually dispenses out 60 days worth, about 30 tabs, of each for over $60.00. I asked if I could purchase an entire bottle of each of the the meds equal to 1 year's worth. The total cost for both meds for the entire year was $95.00 and no dispensing fee. You might have to pay a bit more upfront, but I saved about $150 for the year. Ask your vet about it.

By Manxkity from Bay Area CA

Here's another cheap way to help our 4 legged children. I had a dog on phenobarbital for seizures. I bought it at my people pharmacy and it was loads cheaper. If you vet is willing and your pharmacy will fill it it is loads cheaper that way. The vets get their meds from pharmarcy companies just like pharmacies do. They mark it up with their overhead so you have to pay more.

Sometimes the prescription depends on the pet's weight. If they lose weight or gain weight, the dosage might be anywhere from ineffective to lethal.

Pets HealthAugust 12, 2008
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
A puppy scratching at fleas.
Giving Medication to Pets
A dog with a thermometer in his mouth.
Keeping Track of Pet Medication
Dog With Allergies
Using Zyrtec For a Dog With Allergies
🎄
🍂