Keeping Track of Pet Medication

It is easy to forget the last time you treated your pet with a medication, particularly those that are only given, for example, monthly. This is a guide about keeping track of pet medication.

I put my pet's medication schedule on my computer calendar. I need to give my cat his medication once every three days so I set the reminder to come up every third day. It comes up in my e-mail and I don't erase it until I do it.
Carol G.

I mark everything on my calender. When my pets' flea med is due, I mark it down. I do the same with meds such as heart worm med, I put a little heart on the calender. If it's flea and tick I do the same, but usually I give those two meds together so I just have to mark it once.

This keeps my dogs healthy and me organized. If I forget to mark when it's due on the current month, all I have to do is look at the previous month.

By Judy from Surry, ME

I, or one of my family members, always give our dog her heart worm pill at the end of the month. By writing Jan., Feb., March, etc. on the back of each section of the blister pack, I can tell at a glance if she's been given her pill for that month. This method would work for daily, weekly, or monthly medications.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC