Calcium Deposits on Faucet - Categories:

AdviceCleaning

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

How do I remove calcium deposits from chrome faucets?

By Yvonne from Cornwall, Ontario

Answers

Depending on how big the area is, grab a washcloth/dishrag and soak it in straight-up white vinegar. Lay the washcloth over the area and leave it, the longer the better. Then just rinse and buff!

January 25, 2011 Flag

How do you remove calcium deposits on a faucet?

By cdey from Ocala, FL

Answers:

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Hot vinegar works like a charm. Just put a little in the microwave until it is hot. Pour on and wipe off. (04/04/2009)

By siris

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

I agree with the vinegar. We usually just fill a Ziploc bag with some vinegar, stick the faucet inside the Ziploc bag and put a rubberband around the faucet and bag and let sit for awhile. It comes clean every time without any scrubbing. (04/05/2009)

By paxpuella

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

CLR works great. And you can find it anywhere. You just spray on and wipe off. (04/06/2009)

By jesikarena

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Vinegar is an acid, so you'll want to test a drop on an inconspicuous part of the faucet before you do the whole thing.

Based on a review in Family Handyman I tried Bring It On Cleaner on my horribly stained faucets. I had to leave it on for a few minutes, but I'm satisfied with the results.

I was able to get a free sample at www.bringitoncleaner.com. (04/07/2009)

By Don

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 25, 2011
Dog Calcium Supplement
Homemade Calcium Supplement for Dogs
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Shiney faucets and clean tub.
Cleaning Lime Stains from a Bathtub
Water Heater
Removing Calcium Deposits in a Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:28:48 AM on 10.0.2.7 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.