Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Calcium Deposits on Faucet

How do I remove calcium deposits from chrome faucets?

By Yvonne from Cornwall, Ontario

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Darcie [3]01/27/2011

Depending on how big the area is, grab a washcloth/dishrag and soak it in straight-up white vinegar. Lay the washcloth over the area and leave it, the longer the better. Then just rinse and buff!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Calcium Deposits on Faucet

How do you remove calcium deposits on a faucet?

By cdey from Ocala, FL

RE: Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Hot vinegar works like a charm. Just put a little in the microwave until it is hot. Pour on and wipe off. (04/04/2009)

By siris

RE: Calcium Deposits on Faucet

I agree with the vinegar. We usually just fill a Ziploc bag with some vinegar, stick the faucet inside the Ziploc bag and put a rubberband around the faucet and bag and let sit for awhile. It comes clean every time without any scrubbing. (04/05/2009)

By paxpuella

RE: Calcium Deposits on Faucet

CLR works great. And you can find it anywhere. You just spray on and wipe off. (04/06/2009)

By jesikarena

RE: Calcium Deposits on Faucet

Vinegar is an acid, so you'll want to test a drop on an inconspicuous part of the faucet before you do the whole thing. Based on a review in Family Handyman I tried Bring It On Cleaner on my horribly stained faucets. I had to leave it on for a few minutes, but I'm satisfied with the results. I was able to get a free sample at www.bringitoncleaner.com. (04/07/2009)

By Don