Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar

I made "gifts in a jar" for family and friends for Christmas and for Birthdays. I have 4 children and each one of them do something to help. It's a family kinda thing for us.

We all take turns doing the measuring, writing, labeling...while we laugh lots too : ) I put them in a basket with some homemade bread. Cider mixes too.

Here is one of the recipes.

Decorate the jar with a bow tied around the neck. I used raffia. Be sure to attach the cooking instructions to the jar.

Friendship Soup Mix

• 1/3 cup beef or chicken bouillon granules
  • 1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
  • 1/2 cup split peas
  • 1/2 cup alphabet pasta (any small pasta is fine)
  • 1/4 cup barley
  • 1/2 cup lentils
  • 1/3 cup non-instant white rice
  • 1/3 cup tricolor spiral pasta

1. Use a canning funnel or any funnel that has about a 2" neck. Be sure to use a wide-mouth, 1-quart canning jar.

2. Layer ingredients in the order given above and add enough tricolor spiral pasta to fill the jar.

3. Attach a tag with cooking instructions:

In large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef, (stew beef or chicken) which has been cut into bite-size pieces, in a little olive or vegetable oil. Remove the tricolor pasta from the jar and put aside. Add the rest of the jar contents to the pot with 12 cups water. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer 45 minutes. Add the tricolor pasta and simmer 15 minutes more. Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad. (Makes 8 servings.)

Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar

Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar

Enjoy,
Tracey

THANKS FOR THE SOUP RECIPE. I WOULD LIKE MORE IF ANYONE HAS SOME. I HAVE SO MANY FOR COOKIES,BROWNIES ETC

This is a great idea! I see from the pictures that you have other recipes. Could you share some more? These would make great gifts to make and have on hand for the gift that you forgot to buy

you can find all kinds of these recipes on the internet

and I certainly agree it's a wonderful gift Judy

That's a good idea.

Photos GiftsMarch 3, 2006
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Friendship Mobile
Making a Friendship Mobile
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
🎉
🎄