Faded UGG Boots

I have these black Uggs and something fell on them. I wiped them off and the stain was still there. I went into the bathroom and put some water on the stain, but after they dried they looked faded. They now look off black. So how can I get them to their original black color?

By Amy from IL

Try mayo. I used it on a truck that had been sitting for years and had all kinds of stain and mold on the leather interior and it made it look like new.

Maybe shoe dye? They used to sell it in the same area as shoe polish.

December 13, 2009 Flag

I have had my Uggs for two years and now the salt stains from the winter has finally gotten to them and faded them. Is there anyway to clean them and restore the color?

Shea

Answers:

Faded UGG Boots

Well, if were me, and they were pretty "trashed", I'd go an unconventional route: I'd first take a stiff brush (like the kind you'd buy at $1 store for scrubbing floors) made of synthetic bristles. You might also think about using a metal brush (like the kind you use to remove old paint), then scrub the pile of the suede with the brush. Brushing will not only help the pile of the suede look better, it will also help clean off any dust and dried on dirt.

Next, (and this is the unconventional part) I'd go to a place that sells dried and silk flowers. They sell this wonderful transparent (permanent) coloring spray for dried flowers. My granddaughter's Uggs are light pink. I don't know what color yours are, but this stuff comes in many, many colors. (If I were doing her Uggs, I'd buy a light pink color). It's in a spray can (don't buy the stuff in a pump bottle, as this kind splatters). It's looks like a "spray paint", but it acts more like a dye, bcause of it's transparency.

This transparent dye/paint could really freshen up your Uggs. If it were me, I'd buy the same color as the boots were originally. You can always add a second coat to darken them up a bit if you like. When they are totally dry, brush them with the scrub brush again to help lift up the pile of the suede. (or fake suede, whatever they are made of).

* If you don't like the idea of going through all this hassle, then look in your local yellow pages under "Boot Repair" or "Shoe Repair". These shoe and boot repairmen can really work wonders. Why not let them have ago at it? (02/21/2008)

By Cyinda

Faded UGG Boots

Get a suede brush, either nylon or metal bristles; could be that the "fading" you see is just a buildup of salt crystals on the suede that just need to be brushed off. When salt is diluted and spread on a surface then dried, it leaves a whitish haze that could be mistaken for fading. I have had better luck cleaning it from suede than leather, which tends to absorb the moisture and leave a border of salt crystals embedded in the leather. Good luck; start out gentle, then if you determine it to be a lost cause you can be rough and see if that will work. (02/21/2008)

By purrplekat

Faded UGG Boots

Probably best to Clean the boots using Uggs Cleaner and Conditioner. To find it, together with instructions for use on this site about Uggs:

squidoo.com

(09/24/2008)

By Galso

Faded UGG Boots

Alternatively you can go to uggbootrepairs.com and they'll do it for you. They did a great job on mine, especially sorting out the water stains on the front. (10/19/2008)

By Jessica

Faded UGG Boots

I had the same problem I had a ring of salt on my boot. If you go to any shoe store that sells UGGS you can get this special cleaning spray that you spray all over the boot than let it dry for about 10 minutes. It works great. (11/09/2008)

February 21, 2008 Flag

I am trying to find out how to get a faded mark off my UGG boots. I cleaned a stain with the UGG's cleaner and conditoner, and it got the stain out but left a faded circle in its place.

I didn't follow the instructions correctly on the cleaner and conditioner which caused this faded spot. It is white circle on my otherwise perfectly clean UGGs. Any suggestions? I think I didn't dilute the product with water before applying it to the UGGs, I just applied it straight from the bottle without water and that caused this faded mark. Any help would be appreciated.

KG from Queen, NY

Answers:

Faded UGG Boots

You aren't supposed to "spot clean" your boots. When you use the cleaner and conditioner you are supposed to wet the entire boot. I don't know if that would make a difference or not. (01/09/2007)

By Shan

Faded UGG Boots

This is only a suggestion so please investigate further but I think the best thing to do is to wet and clean the whole boot (with proper cleaner) and let it dry naturally. Hope this helps. (06/06/2007)

By Rachael

Faded UGG Boots

Take it to a professional. (12/05/2007)

By me

Ugg Boots
Cleaning Ugg Boots
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 13, 2009
work boots
Removing Diesel Fuel from Shoes and Boots
Men's leather winter boots.
Removing Smoke Odor from Leather Boots
snow boots
Keeping Snow Out of Boots
Winter Boots
Saving Money on Winter Boots
🎄