Browsing: Organizing Electrical Cords

Labeling Small Appliance Cords

This is more of a time saver, but sometimes saving times saves money. Anyway if you have several small appliances sharing an outlet in the kitchen like I do, just use a permanent marker to label which cord prong goes to what for example: can opener, blender, toaster etc. then no more guessing which one to plug in.

By Melanie

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I agree saving time is money! When pluging in an electrical outlet -the toaster etc. has a 2 prong-one is larger than the other prong-I use red nail polish or white out (on t black ones) to let me know at a glance on how it goes into the outlet.

I tag my cords to make them more easier to distinquish one from another. I have many many cords in a drawer and without having them tagged I would never know which cord goes to which appliance without having to try each of them out on an appliance. Sometimes I use medical tape and then write the appliance name on the tape or I'll use those little white estate sale tags that attach with string. This also works with cell phone chargers, camera battery chargers, video game chargers, ect.

Save your empty toilet paper tubes or cut an empty paper towel tube in half. Slip your appliance cord inside and label the tube as to which appliance the cord is for. From now on you'll know which cord goes with which appliance and they'll store nicely in the drawer for you.

Use empty toilet paper or paper towel tubes to organize your appliacne cords. Cut the paper towel tubes in half for a better length. Label the tube with the name of the appliance and slip the cord inside. No more guessing, no more lost or tangles cords, and your drawer stays tidy as well!!! I do the same thing with extension cords and write the length of the extension cord on the tube so there's no more grabbing the wrong length.

Storing appliance cords in toilet paper tubes to keep from tangling.
Organizing Electrical Cords
Organizing KitchenNovember 9, 2004
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
TV with hidden cords.
Hiding Electric Cords
Labeling Moving Boxes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 6:16:49 PM on 10.0.1.153 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.