Use a Hairbrush on Carpet Before Vacuuming

If you sew, knit, do crafts or have long hair, you understand how many threads can get caught up in your vacuum's roller. I've found the easiest way to prevent this is to take a regular bristle hair brush and quickly brush the carpet in the bad areas before vacuuming. In the past I used a lint roller but found the hairbrush works much better, costs less and is more efficient because it goes deeper down into the carpeting. Your vacuum will thank you!

By Cyinda

This is great for those of you that can get up and down and crawl easily. I am now trying to figure out how to do this without having to get down and crawl around.

This is a great tip that I never thought about doing. I typically use a lint brush but will try this instead next time!

I would think one of those stiff bristled shop brooms would work almost as good.

Gotta get a shop broom and see how well it works. Like so many, neither hubby nor I are mobile enough to crawl around with a hairbrush!

Vacuuming Tips and Tricks
Vacuuming Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsAugust 13, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Plain Hairbrush
Painting a Hairbrush
🎄