Vacuuming Tips and Tricks

Category Miscellaneous
It is important to keep your vacuum cleaner in proper working order. This page contains vacuuming tips and tricks.

Hate to keep unplugging the vacuum cleaner as you go around the house? Add an extension cord. Also, spray some perfume on a tissue, tear it up and then vacuum it up it. Makes the house smell great!

By Janina

When you are vacuuming, tie a plastic grocery bag to the handle of your vacuum cleaner. That way, you can pick up any large items that your cleaner won't, then make only one trip to the trash can to throw it out.

By Tammie from Auburn, GA

If you sew, knit, do crafts or have long hair, you understand how many threads can get caught up in your vacuum's roller. I've found the easiest way to prevent this is to take a regular bristle hair brush and quickly brush the carpet in the bad areas before vacuuming. In the past I used a lint roller but found the hairbrush works much better, costs less and is more efficient because it goes deeper down into the carpeting. Your vacuum will thank you!

By Cyinda

I worked for 15 years in a retail store in the vacuum department so these tips may help keep your vacuum working better. Most up right vacuums and some canisters, break belts often because the beater bar gets bound up with hair, twine from threads or from the carpet.

While vacuuming, I misplaced the tube with the flat end. I noticed an empty paper towel tube and flattened the end of it. It worked perfectly!

When you buy an appliance or make a purchase where parts maybe needed later, buy extra parts with the purchase or as soon as possible.

If you have a canister vacuum cleaner and hardwood floors, it's very easy to vacuum under the bed and other furniture. If the vacuum head will fit under, just put the hose the other direction on the tubes.

Vacuum tube inverted on hose to clean under bed.

I found a little secret to making my vaccum smell fresh. I use a bagless one. They have a filter cup that starts to get a little stinky even if you keep it empty and clean.

So I make my own carpet fresh.

Take an old piece of pantyhose wrap around the end of the vacuum cleaner crevice tool (keep in place with an elastic band). Then vacuum, only the dust can get through.

Limit the wear and tear on your flooring and how frequently you have to vacuum by not wearing shoes in your house. It will cut down on the amount of dirt that winds up on your floor dramatically.

I just purchased a Dyson Ball vacuum mainly for the suction power it advertises. It works great on my living room carpet, however I have some carpet in one room that is an indoor outdoor type and the vacumn is so powerful it just sticks to the carpet and won't move.

I have tried turning off the beater brush, but this didn't help. Any suggestions? There is nothing in the manual and I can't find a website to ask them a question.

Answers

DCA is right. You will always have an option to adjust the floor heights.

It can be expensive and time-consuming to continually have to buy disposable vacuum cleaner bags. Frugal folk have learned how to empty them out and use them again. This is a page about how to reuse disposable vacuum bags.

Disposable Vacuum Bag

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousSeptember 6, 2012
😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Vacuuming-Tips-and-Tricks.html