How to Reuse Disposable Vacuum Bags

It can be expensive and time-consuming to continually have to buy disposable vacuum cleaner bags. Frugal folk have learned how to empty them out and use them again. This is a page about how to reuse disposable vacuum bags.

I have an expensive vacuum cleaner that takes expensive bags. To save on buying new bags for my vacuum, I simply cut the bottom off the bag, empty it, and duct tape the bottom shut. Voila! I have a recycled vacuum cleaner bag.

By Dee from Salem, VA

When your vacuum bag is full, cut open the end of the bag to dump. Then staple it back together and use it again.

Source: A book, cannot remember which one!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Cheapskate here! Since sweeper bags are so expensive, I empty one, roll the top over and staple. I can use it 2-3 more times!

By Pam from Elkhart, IN

Re-use vacuum cleaner bags to save money! Instead of throwing the bag away when it gets full, follow these simple steps:

Vacuum cleaner bags can get expensive and I found a great tip. When the bag is full, unfold and cut the top or bottom of the bag out, empty in another trash bin.

Using a stapler fold and staple the bag back together and replace just like a new one.

Oreck vacuum cleaner bag

Most disposable vacuum bags can be emptied and reused more than once.

- Sarah

Answers:

Thrifty Tips for the Week of 2/21/2002

To Sara, thanks for the vacuum cleaner tip: I thought I was the only one who cleaned and dusted them off for another use. Also, I have to laugh at your clothes-out-of-dryer tip because when I was working and my husband retired, he would do the laundry and fold everything!

in neat little square packets: my dresses, skirts, towels; everything and when I would get home from work, the folds would be "SET" and I would have soooooo much ironing to do. I did not have the heart to complain (but I finally did) Thanks, Rose Keys (02/22/2002)

By rogo

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJune 22, 2018
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Reuse-Disposable-Vacuum-Bags.html