Think Before You Speak

Conserve your words. It takes many, many kind words to erase one careless, negative remark. Try to put a positive spin on everything you say to your child, or anyone for that matter.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Thank you for saying that! I have been in a bad mood all day, and I needed a POSITIVE reminder to get me on the right track.

Good observation, very true.

And it's very hard to write in a kind voice! I am plain spoken, but not mean spirited, so it sometimes comes out sounding like I'm mad, which is why I try to add a smiley face after my advice. I'm a nice elder and have lots of friends and children who love me. I try to be as kind as I can but believe in getting to the point if I can help anyone with my many years of experience and many experiences over the years, good and bad. lol

Being more of a no-nonsense person doesn't help the other folks, so I try to slow myself down and be as gentle as possible. The Holy Scriptures say, "No man can tame the tongue.", but I believe God knows we women need help with it even more. lol : )

Better Living InspirationalOctober 23, 2007
Homemade Valentine's Day Candy
Valentine's Day Candy Recipes
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
A stack of foreign language books.
Tips for Studying a Foreign Language