Getting Rid of Bright Red Highlights

Category Coloring
If the red highlights you had put in your hair are too bright, you should speak with your hairstylist about fixing their error. You can also wait for the color to fade over the next few weeks. This is a guide about getting rid of bright red highlights.

I have gray roots and streaks thru my hair. I had silver highlights done; they are dark blond. I do not like having three colors of hair dark, gray, and now yellow. How do I get rid of the yellow at age 60?

Answers

Best Answer

Put a semipermanent color in your brown shade. The highlights will be a lighter brown and look nice.

I have naturally dark brown/black hair. I bleached it and put bright red highlights in it and it looks terrible. I tried a dark brown dye and it made the red less bright, but all together it's still there! What now? Should I keep dyeing it or is bleach the only way out?

By Brittany

Answers

Best Answer

Over-treated hair can get brittle and can break off. As Dinah said, please see someone qualified before you do anything else. They can rescue it for you.