Getting Rid of Bright Red Highlights

Category Coloring
If the red highlights you had put in your hair are too bright, you should speak with your hairstylist about fixing their error. You can also wait for the color to fade over the next few weeks. This is a page about getting rid of bright red highlights.

I have gray roots and streaks thru my hair. I had silver highlights done; they are dark blond. I do not like having three colors of hair dark, gray, and now yellow. How do I get rid of the yellow at age 60?

Answers

Best Answer

Put a semipermanent color in your brown shade. The highlights will be a lighter brown and look nice.

I have naturally dark brown/black hair. I bleached it and put bright red highlights in it and it looks terrible. I tried a dark brown dye and it made the red less bright, but all together it's still there! What now? Should I keep dyeing it or is bleach the only way out?

By Brittany

Answers

Best Answer

Over-treated hair can get brittle and can break off. As Dinah said, please see someone qualified before you do anything else. They can rescue it for you.

I just had a shampoo cap service at the salon. I want the reddish color out of my hair quick for a wedding. I'm tired of going to the salon because I never get what I want. I understand it's a process, but I'm aiming to go from this brassy red color to a medium, not dark brown color.

A friend/hairdresser is willing to do a color correction.

Will this work? Because in the salon, the brown dye did not take very well after the shampoo cap. I'm wondering why no one suggests a color correction. Going back to a salon is not an option for me because they're not doing what I want. Any suggestions?

Answers

I would at least go back to the salon to get a refund, as they did not do what you asked for. Hopefully you will have better luck with your friend.

Do get a refund, then try to use a medium ash blond colour on top of your reddish tones to even it out.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringJune 29, 2017
🎃
🌻