Making Old Marble Shine

By Jennifer 1

I have marble tiles in my bathroom, and those in the shower have lost their shine. How can I clean and restore them so that they match the shiny tiles in the rest of the bathroom? I suspect that hard water was the cause of the problem, but cleaning them gently has not resulted in bringing them to their original appearance.

Jennifer from Stamford, CT

Filter Sort

By falldowngobump 1 50 Flag

I'm really not sure what would work but the stuff that's used to clean ceramic and glass stove tops might do the trick. It does a great job buffing out stains and making my cooktop shine. Good luck and let us know.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have had good results using Clean and Shine on my marble table tops.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By D 1 11 Flag

Clean it and let it dry. Apply a thin coat of turtle wax (used for cars) let the wax dry and then buff like crazy. Once your desired shine is achived, just be sure to dry every time it is wet. Good luck.

~PHH

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gisele Beaulieu 1 Flag

Dear Sir or Madam, How can I get the shine back on my marble table top. I put some warm pies on there, and they left a ring? Help! Gisele B.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Making Old Marble Shine

I have an antique dry sink with a marble top. Is there an inexpensive way to get the old marble to have some shine?

Karen from Port Clinton OH

Answers:

RE: Making Old Marble Shine

Don't know if any of these would work but I would try polishing compound (the kind you buy for autos) buff in a little. I would think this would work, to buff out to a brilliant shine. Then I would follow up with Orange Glo. I use this on all my surfaces to make them sparkle. (you need to buff it in though or it will sit on the surface as an oily residue). (01/12/2006)

By bobmarbj

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 21, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Marble Countertop
Repairing a Burn Mark on a Marble Countertop
Faux Marble
Making Faux Marble
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 8:40:21 AM on 10.0.1.241 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings