Making Old Marble Shine - Categories:

BathroomCleaning

Making Old Marble Shine

I have marble tiles in my bathroom, and those in the shower have lost their shine. How can I clean and restore them so that they match the shiny tiles in the rest of the bathroom? I suspect that hard water was the cause of the problem, but cleaning them gently has not resulted in bringing them to their original appearance.

Jennifer from Stamford, CT

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I'm really not sure what would work but the stuff that's used to clean ceramic and glass stove tops might do the trick. It does a great job buffing out stains and making my cooktop shine. Good luck and let us know.

I have had good results using Clean and Shine on my marble table tops.

Clean it and let it dry. Apply a thin coat of turtle wax (used for cars) let the wax dry and then buff like crazy. Once your desired shine is achived, just be sure to dry every time it is wet. Good luck.

~PHH

Dear Sir or Madam, How can I get the shine back on my marble table top. I put some warm pies on there, and they left a ring? Help! Gisele B.

July 21, 2008 Flag

I have an antique dry sink with a marble top. Is there an inexpensive way to get the old marble to have some shine?

Karen from Port Clinton OH

Answers:

Making Old Marble Shine

Don't know if any of these would work but I would try polishing compound (the kind you buy for autos) buff in a little. I would think this would work, to buff out to a brilliant shine. Then I would follow up with Orange Glo. I use this on all my surfaces to make them sparkle. (you need to buff it in though or it will sit on the surface as an oily residue). (01/12/2006)

By bobmarbj

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 21, 2008
Faux Marble
Making Faux Marble
A marble spa tub and floor in a beautiful bathroom.
Cleaning a Marble Floor
Kitchen With Vinyl Flooring
Restoring Shine to Vinyl Flooring
Closeup of pink marble slab.
Removing Stains from Marble
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 8:44:56 PM on 10.0.1.174 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.