Ladybug Fridge Magnet
These adorable ladybugs will bring you much joy when you put them on your refrigerator. Use simple supplies to craft these beautiful insects.
- plastic spoons
- plaster of Paris
- round magnets
- black pipe cleaners
- red and black paint
- paint brush
- Line up the plastic spoons in a box so that the spoon is balanced and flat. I used folded up newspaper taped to the box to create the level I needed, but you could also use a thin book, play dough, etc.
- Mix the plaster of paris by the directions on the box. Pour into each spoon.
- Place a round magnet into each plastered spoon and allow to dry. I let these dry overnight.
- Once they are dry, remove the plaster shape from the spoon.
- Paint the rounded side red and allow to dry.
- Add black ladybug markings such as a head, a line to represent wings, and spots. You can use paint, or a permanent marker if you wish to do it that way.
- Glue the black pipe cleaner to the magnet side of the shape, cutting to desired size. I used hot glue, but other glue may be used as well.
- Stick up on your fridge and enjoy!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
May 27, 20090 found this helpful
This is a wonderful idea! I have a lady bug thing going on with my granddaughter and we'll be sure to try this. Thanks
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 10:09:31 AM on 10.0.1.105 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us