Ladybug Fridge Magnet

These adorable ladybugs will bring you much joy when you put them on your refrigerator. Use simple supplies to craft these beautiful insects.

Approximate Time:

• plastic spoons
  • plaster of Paris
  • round magnets
  • black pipe cleaners
  • red and black paint
  • paint brush
  • glue

Instructions:

1. Line up the plastic spoons in a box so that the spoon is balanced and flat. I used folded up newspaper taped to the box to create the level I needed, but you could also use a thin book, play dough, etc.
  2. Mix the plaster of paris by the directions on the box. Pour into each spoon.
  3. Place a round magnet into each plastered spoon and allow to dry. I let these dry overnight.
  4. Once they are dry, remove the plaster shape from the spoon.

5. Paint the rounded side red and allow to dry.
  6. Add black ladybug markings such as a head, a line to represent wings, and spots. You can use paint, or a permanent marker if you wish to do it that way.
  7. Glue the black pipe cleaner to the magnet side of the shape, cutting to desired size. I used hot glue, but other glue may be used as well.
  8. Stick up on your fridge and enjoy!

By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA

This is a wonderful idea! I have a lady bug thing going on with my granddaughter and we'll be sure to try this. Thanks

Animal Cracker Magnets
Homemade Refrigerator Magnets
Crafts Crafts For KidsMay 21, 2009
Making a Jar Lid Photo Magnet
Making a Jar Lid Photo Magnet
Finished magnets.
Making Glittery Glass Magnets
blue fabric covered cap in shape of bonnet
Making a Recycle Easter Bonnet Cap
Ladybug Themed Party
Ladybug Themed Party Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 9:02:17 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.