Advice For Growing Latana

I have a problem getting lantana to grow. I have the yellow gold that will spread. Do you have any tips on planting and watering etc.? Seems after about a month or two they just die.

Allene from Phoenix, AZ

This website has a ton of information about growing Lantana.

I found this on a garden site....

Flowers Almost any time when forced

Potting or re-potting time After flowering, start new plants from softwood cuttings and throw old plant away

Position in garden during summer

Potting Mixture 3

Lantanas are popular.bedding plants, and are useful houseplants, too. They are distinctive for the numerous heads of small flowers, which often appear in three colors-yellow, orange, red-in a single cluster. Leaves are generally oval, with rounded teeth, and quite hairy on the under surface.

In the South, lantanas become very ornamental shrubs, but as a houseplant they are best treated as annuals, and discarded after flowering. Slips may be taken before the plant is thrown away, and any desired number of new plants started. The cuttings take root easily.

Grow in a cool room, with plenty of sun and moisture.

I live in the South of the UK, we overwinter our Lantana in the greenhouse and bring them out in the summer. I tend to check them weekly in the winter and cut any dead leaves or twigs off, new growth has now started on mine, they are now outside in pots, I never let them dry out. Hope this helps. Gail

Rufus hummingbird and lantana
Growing Lantana
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMay 8, 2008
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Half of a honeydew melon and slices.
Growing Honeydew Melons
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds