Use Salt Scrub to Clean a Bathtub

You can use salt scrub that you use on your skin also to clean your shower or tub. I take a scrub brush and put a heaping tablespoon across the bottom. Then I spray water around the tub with the showerhead to make the tub damp. Then I scrub the tub with the salt mixture and the tub comes clean of dirt and mildew with not much effort at all. It is safer for the environment compared to Comet, which doesn't always get the stubborn stains out. Also this is cheaper since you can make it at home from a recipe you find on this site.

By Yard_sale_annie from MI

If you live where you capture greywater, or where your city cleans sewage water for public green spaces this will kill plants. I couldn't use this tip because my tub drains directly onto trees which is becoming more and more popular, especially in the desert areas. But our city also sanitizes the water and uses it to water parks.

Woman's hand holding blue cloth cleaning the tub spout.
Cleaning the Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 17, 2009
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
🎉
🎄