Chandelier Light Covers

Do you have old Chandelier light covers that give you a headache when you look at them? With a little paint and ribbon, you can have brand new covers!

Total project time: 4 hours

Actual work time: 2 hours

• four chandelier covers, cleaned and dried
  • four colors of craft paint; I used blue, green, pink, and yellow
  • four colors of ribbon, long enough to circle the top of the covers; I used blue, green, red, and yellow
  • hot glue
  • newspaper
  • paintbrush and paper plate, optional

1. Wash the covers thoroughly.
  2. After the covers are completely dry, lay them on your spread out newspaper.
  3. Choose a color of paint and either 1) squirt some on the paper and use your brush, or 2) squirt some paint directly on the bottom of the cover; I used the second method. Using the tip of the paint bottle (or your paintbrush), spread the paint onto the cover thick enough so you cannot see the cover. Use a different color on each cover. Let dry.
  4. Ad

5. Measure the length of ribbons to fit snugly around the top of the covers, overlapping an inch, and cut.
  6. Ad

7. Put the red ribbon on the blue cover, the green ribbon on the yellow cover, the blue ribbon on the green cover, and the yellow ribbon on the pink cover. Place a drop of hot glue on the cover and put one end of the ribbon down. Wrap the ribbon around the cover, gluing occasionally to help it stay in place. Glue the end securely to the beginning of the ribbon.
  8. By Jessica from Marion, NC

Not my taste, especially the ribbon at the top - but you could take this idea and decorate your glass fixtures with paint. I have done that myself...

Nicely done! This would be wonderful in a little girls room!

Very pretty! I especially like the bottom trim!

Revamping a  Chandelier
Revamping Chandeliers
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJuly 18, 2007
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Light Switch Plate
Decorating Light Switch Plates
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows