Decorating Light Switch Plates

Category Miscellaneous
There are a variety of ways you can decorate the covers for your light switches. This guide is about decorating light switch plates.

Choose colors to match your decor and make beautiful switch plates for every room in your house. Make extra ones for special gifts.

Crafting Time: 15 - 30 minutes

What You Need:

Directions:

1. Cut 4 pieces of green ribbon, each about 1 inch wider than the switch plate. Cut 2 pieces of pink ribbon about 1 inch longer that the switch plate.
  2. Glue one of the pink pieces vertically to the plate along the left side of the switch opening. Glue two green pieces horizontally across the plate, placing one above the screw hole at the top, and the other below the screw hole at the bottom.
  3. Glue the second pink piece vertically to the switch plate to the left side of the first pink piece. Glue the two remaining green pieces horizontally across the plate, placing one above the ribbon at the top and one below the ribbon at the bottom.
  4. Ad

5. Glue all ribbon ends around to the back of the switch plate. Trim the ribbon ends at the back of the plate.
  6. Glue two small silk flowers to the top of the switch plate where the ribbon colors intersect. Allow all glue to dry.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I have been cleaning one of our junky drawers in the dining room. Among the interesting things I found in there was this light switch plate, and a stamp from a toy long forgot.

I went and got my fingernail polish and painted the heart on the stamp.
Then I pressed the stamp onto the light switch plate. When it dried, I covered it with clear fingernail polish.

I would rather have used acrylic paints for the stamp but I didn't have any. I feel reasonably confident that I could have painted an apple with red acrylic paint and the stem, or pumpkins. :)

I liked the way it turned out. It would be a fun craft with paint pens or other types of fun ways to paint. I wanted to try putting some old tattoos on this switch plate, but I didn't get to do that.

I love fall colors!

This is a guide about making zebra switch plate covers. These zebra switch plate covers are a great way to add a fun accent to your decor.

They are easy to make and would even be a good kid's craft.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Have fun decorating the switch covers in your home. One idea is to paint a Picasso-like image on them. This is a guide about making a Picasso light switch plate cover.

Jazz up a plain light switch plate with glitter or decorative paper decoupaged in place. This is a guide about making a decoupaged light switch plate.