Making a Picasso Light Switch Plate Cover
Have fun decorating the switch covers in your home. One idea is to paint a Picasso-like image on them. This is a guide about making a Picasso light switch plate cover.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Turn a plain white light switch cover into a little Picasso like painting.
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 light switch cover with screws
- 1 flat screwdriver
- sponge to clean surface on switchplate cover
- permanent markers or acrylic paint
- paint brushes
- Turn light off. Remove light switch cover if you don't already have one.
- Place down newspaper.
- Wipe well with sponge and dry.
- Mark basic ouline with black permanent marker, including eye, nose, and mouth.
- Paint and color as shown or use your own ideas and colors. Have fun creating abstract art known as cubism!
- Let it dry or speed up drying with a hair dryer.
- When completely dry, screw in switchplate. Position the screws to match eye and lips and paint them.
- All done! Enjoy your little Picasso like mini painting. :)
November 2, 20150 found this helpful
Very cute and clever idea!
November 3, 20150 found this helpful
Thanks Donna ! I appreciate it :)