Vaccinate Pets at Home

A old neighbor of mine, that used to live on a farm, showed me how to vaccinate my dog myself. I had never heard of this before, but the vaccinations were much cheaper than a vet visit. I buy the vaccinations at the local feed store (except rabies.) When I asked my vet about this, she said it is a good way to save money on pet care, especially for younger dogs that do not need an annual checkup as much as an older dog would.

This tip also helped when we got a rescue dog that was so fearful of things (especially of the vet) that it was terribly traumatic for her to go. When I vaccinated her myself, she didn't even realize she had gotten a shot!

By Kay from North Bend, WA

My daugher's best friend is a vet tech and she showed me how to administer shots under the skin not in the muscle. It is not difficult at all. I had to get over being nervous. I got my vaccines from Omaha Vaccine and they are delivered in a styrofoam contain with ice pack. Since we have from four to six dogs and my 3 kids dogs this was a big finiancial help. Now the reccommendation is not nessicarily to vaccinate yearly, especially older dogs.

My dog was unfortunately abused by the vet. Now he will not go to any vet at all. I have done 4 meet and greets and to no avail. The vets will not let me give him the rabie shot unfortunately. I need his nails clipped and he won't let me do them either. I am in a huge predicament. Any suggestions?

After doing a little on-line research, I discovered some nice pet medical suppliers which supply vaccines, de-wormers, flea & tick repellers and so much more. One of the advantages is the money saved, even with the postage & handling charges. Some outlets even ship free. What's more is that a friend introduced me to to a nurse who showed me the technique of preforming vaccinations.

I was wondering if this will work for cats too! We have a cat and she will need vaccinations soon.

to fifeshire: We have vets around here that will come to your house for routine vet care. I have spoken to people that use this service and really like it for their "special needs" pets. Of course it costs more, but it may be worth looking into mobile vets in your area.

to lindelsue: I'm not sure if you can do this for cats as well, when I first got my vaccinations for the dog I went to a feed store to buy them and got a lot of helpful advice. Maybe if you could call a feed store or grange in your area someone could give you some information.

Change the Vet who gave you this advice. Many Dogs/Cats are nervous about the strange smells in a Veterinary practice.

The Vet will come to you and are you aware the Vet can prescribe a sedative "by animal body weight" that you can give one hour before the Veterinarian arrives to the house.

In the best interest of the Dog please find a Vet who knows what they are talking about.

Parvo vaccine often gives parvo. Read about the mercury, aluminum, washed sheeps blood, formaldehyde, pus, dirty blood, feces and other toxics that are in vaccines on vaclib.org. Much is written by doctors that have delved into the question. Vaccines destroy the auto-immune system.

If you build a good auto immune system with good food and good care disease is non existent. studied for 30 years now. I got MS from a vaccine and my step-grandson died (3 months old) 3 days after vaccine. 10 sets of parents in bereavement meeting for sudden infant death babies. My stepson asked each.

Every one of those babies got a vaccine no more than 5 days before they died. NOT one reached statistics. Follow the money train. I don't vaccinate my dogs and they live a very long life. Rabies vac is the law but if your dog is sick with bad allergies, bad skin, bad stomach you can get an exemption.

On to wormers. Get diatomaceous earth at the horse feed store. Food grade ONLY. The other for the garden has poisons. Dia earth over their food 1/4 teaspoon small dog, 1 teaspoon big dog does good things. Kills intestinal worms including tapes. Does not kill heart worm. Google and you will find list of benefits including healthy joints with D E.

Good for cats, birds and even your wild animals. Very inexpensive. Natural. I even took it. Still do on occasion. I passed worms. I had no symptoms but heard 75% of population here in states has worms.

This is a great way to save money. One thing to be aware of is that the schedule of vaccinations has changed over the last few years. Vaccinations have been a money maker for vets. In cats however there has been a cancer (a tumor at the site of the injection)caused by vaccinations and vets are vaccinating much less, especially as cats get older. Be sure and look into the new scheduling for your pets and don't get stuck with older information.