Start Planning for Valentine's Day Now

contest winner icon

Not too early to start saving on the Valentine date or dinner. Here are some tips I would like to share. You can prepare your own dinner by starting your shopping now and buying the meat and side dishes when you see them on sale.

Freeze and then thaw to prepare on the 14th. Also look for wonderful desserts reduced and freeze to thaw. I purchased a premium box of chocolates on sale for 75% off at the drugstore in the Christmas clearance. I froze them and will thaw the morning of the 14th.

If you want to go out, try to have your romantic dinner at lunch, this will save you $$$$$, also you will not have the long wait for a table at lunch time.

The early movie is a great way to save money if you can take in the afternoon showing. If you want to watch a romantic movie at home, start looking on eBay now and bid on your favorite movie, so you will have it for the 14th. Our local Walmart has a Redbox to rent movies from for a $1.00, Krogers also has a movie rental for a $1.00.

If you have cards to mail, shop at one of your local dollar stores for nice cards at 2 for a $1.00. We have a Dollar General and another dollar store close, if you buy early there is a good selection to pick from.

If you are having dinner at home and want flowers, the best prices can be found at the grocery store and Walmart on cut flowers. To save on a sexy nightie, again look now at the sales, Kohl's has some great sales on end of season nighties, bras, and panties not to mention other department stores that are also offering coupons for extra % off on clearance items.

Source: These are things I do each year to save. Hope this helps you, too.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

I bought discounted chocolate after the holidays too and will be making some inidividual gift bags for friends. I made sure that all pieces were individually wrapped so I could split them up! :)

Hi, Bobbie.

Sorry, but with a name like yours, I'm not sure if you're a guy or a gal. If you're a gal, kudos! If you're a guy, I'm doubly impressed - I mean, how many guys think about these romantic holidays (like Valentine's and Sweetest Day) enough to actually plan something? I'm not a statistician, but my guess is, one in a million.

I know that especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner, I will need all the extra savings I can get so I thought I'd share a site I stumbled across the other day that gives me money when I shop or sell through Ebay and also when I shop major retailers online. It's called Big Crumbs. It's free (of course). Don't we all love a good deal? Check it out: http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/frontpage.jsp?r=twinklings Happy shopping and saving!

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day
Saving Money On Valentine's Day
Holidays and Parties Valentine's Day Tips For AdultsJanuary 16, 2009
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
🎄