Dirt Stains on Coat

My daughter's school coat has ground in dirt that I cannot get out, especially around the cuffs. I have sprayed stain remover and it does not help. Any suggestions?

L.W. from Minden, LA

What material is the coat made from? Is it machine washable?

I'll recommend my old standby OxyClean once again. It gets everything out for me. My husband farms and brings lots of it in on his clothes. I soak overnight then wash with hot water.

The coat is machine washable. It made from the typical nylon type material most coats are made from.

The two things I have used with great success is plain old club soda. This stuff removes everything. I have also used hand sanitizer on stains. Club soda will get out dried blood stains. Sure works wonders.~Janette~

I have alot of luck with generic brand of head and shoulders. I also use this on collars--greasy head to greasy collars to anything else greasy!

This followed by a washer using OxyClean is good too.

I totally agree with Glen's Mom.....Oxy Clean is by far the best answer I have found for really stubborn stains. I make a paste (small amount of Oxy Clean dampened with water) and spread it over the stain and let it set for several minutes, then I gently rub the fabric together before placing the coat in the washer. Hope this is of some help.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 22, 2009
shovel with dirt
Finding Free Fill Dirt for the Garden
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Dirt Stains from Rugs and Carpet
🎄
🍂