Can Hot Water Damage a Wax Ring? - Categories:

BathroomHome

Can Hot Water Damage a Wax Ring?

My plumber hooked up the wrong pipe and my toilet filled with 150 degree hot water, which burned my bottom when I flushed. He came back and fixed it, but do you think that I need a new wax ring? Do you think all of that hot water could have damaged the tank or inner workings? I would want him to fix it right away because I don't want to have to pay for another plumbing trip at a later date if the wax ring is bad.

By Rhonda21043 from MD

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Whether or not the hot water will destroy the wax ring, have the plumber replace it any way since he made a mistake in the first place by hooking up the wrong water line.

I agree with MCW, make him fix it now. Good luck.

You get the man to come back and correct everything that even might be messed up! The wax ring must be replaced. That wax is quite easy to melt, and once messed up, it will not just go back into a nice sealed position. You do not want the leakage to be revealed in a couple weeks.

A plumber careless enough to hook up the wrong water line deserves to lose not only the time and money to correct your problem, but business, as well. I'd mention his carelessness to all my friends. As the customer, you deserve to have the job done right the first time.

Home and Garden Repair Home BathroomAugust 12, 2009
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 13, 2016 at 10:51:48 PM on 10.0.0.46 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.