Save Money on Hair Conditioner

Tips for saving money on hair conditioner. What are your ideas?

Best Answer

Every time you come to the end of a bottle of conditioner, put 2-3 Tbsp. of water in the bottle, shake, and sit upside-down overnight. Then shake the bottle again before using. You will be amazed at the amount of conditioner that is rehydrated this way. If you tend to leave the fliptop on your bottle open, you can add even more water and get several more hair-rinses out of the bottle.

By Rene

Best Answer

I'm a hair designer in Cal. You need to infuse the longer lengths with protein to keep it healthy; household products like egg and mayo (made from egg and oil) work well. The most important aspect of hair care is to use a shampoo that is ph balanced to the hair (something bet. 4.5 and 5.5) aka slightly acidic which is why grandma used to put a few drops of lemon or vinegar in the final rinse water. As long as you understand the chemistry and physics, you can make your own cleansers and conditioners. Aloe Vera get is a great hair gel and moisturizer too.

To make hair conditioners last longer, I put a small amount into a "foam maker" bottle from foam hand soap. Fill it the rest of the way up with water, and you have foaming conditioner! A company now has it advertised on tv and I have been doing it all along! I also do this for my hand soap and shampoo, too! You'll be surprised at how long your bottles of soap, shampoo, and conditioner will last.

By Joy C.

What is a foam maker bottle? Is that like the new Gerber foaming hair wash bottles? Sorry to be clueless....

Thanks

To use as a conditioner instead of buying use about 2 tbsp of crushed cinnamon, 1 cup milk and hint of baby oil and ur hair iwll fill very soft and moistured

i get samples of really nice conditioners ---- or i get conditioner as a christmas or birthday gift ---- I put them all in one big bottle and use it to shave or condition my hair. I like to wash my hair once and then condition for the next to days. saves on shampoo really ---- more than conditioner. Man I use the lotion from bath and body store for conditioner and it is the most incredible conditioner for my hair ever.