Making Pastel Hair Dyes

You can save lots of money mixing up your own shades of colour instead of buying multiple colours when you want to do your own ombre hair. Due to the pandemic, I've been finding ways to save money, but still have things like fun hair colours and styles. Follow along to find out how to get this thrifty yet beautiful mermaid-inspired ombre hair by making pastels.

You can save lots of money mixing up your own shades of colour instead of buying multiple colours when you want to do your own ombre hair. Due to the pandemic, I've been finding ways to save money, but still have things like fun hair colours and styles. Follow along to find out how to get this thrifty yet beautiful mermaid-inspired ombre hair by making pastels. Application instructions included! :)

I bleached my hair blond before doing this. You can do this on darker shades of hair, it just won't be as vibrant. Make sure you use white creamy conditioner as opposed to clear ones.

Total Time: 1 hour

• 1 or 2 base hair colours (I used blue and purple)
  • white hair conditioner (any cheap one will do)
  • mixing bowl
  • hair dye brush
  • gloves

1. To make the pastel dye, place a good sized amount of the conditioner in your bowl and a tiny squirt of the base colour. Mix very well.
  2. Starting from your roots, apply the pastel dye and work your way a third way down your hair.
  3. Now make another batch of pastel dye the same way, but at a bit more of the colour dye. This will be the darker pastel to go in the middle third of your hair.
  4. Apply this colour right below the lighter pastel, then used your gloved fingers to rub the light and medium pastel together to make a transitional colour.
  5. Now make your darkest colour by using a half and half mix of conditioner to dye, or darker, whatever you desire.
  6. Apply this to the end third of your hair, making sure to get the tips of your hair saturated.
  7. If you are using a second colour like I did with the blue, continue using the same method of adding conditioner to the dye. I used a paintbrush to just add hints of the blue here and there. All hair types are different, so how long you let the colour sit depends. I let mine sit in my thick hair for 40 minutes before rinsing until water ran clear.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes HairNovember 7, 2020
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Pastel-Hair-Dyes-1.html