Using Hair Conditioner

Category Products
A woman combing conditioner into her hair.
Choosing the best products to use for your hair will be determined by a variety of factors. This is a guide about using hair conditioner.

Tips for saving money on hair conditioner. What are your ideas?

Best Answer

Every time you come to the end of a bottle of conditioner, put 2-3 Tbsp. of water in the bottle, shake, and sit upside-down overnight. Then shake the bottle again before using. You will be amazed at the amount of conditioner that is rehydrated this way. If you tend to leave the fliptop on your bottle open, you can add even more water and get several more hair-rinses out of the bottle.

By Rene

Best Answer

I'm a hair designer in Cal. You need to infuse the longer lengths with protein to keep it healthy; household products like egg and mayo (made from egg and oil) work well. The most important aspect of hair care is to use a shampoo that is ph balanced to the hair (something bet. 4.5 and 5.5) aka slightly acidic which is why grandma used to put a few drops of lemon or vinegar in the final rinse water. As long as you understand the chemistry and physics, you can make your own cleansers and conditioners. Aloe Vera get is a great hair gel and moisturizer too.

When I was growing up we always used Tame creme rinse after shampooing. Can't seem to find anything close to the way Tame made my hair feel and look back in the day! Any suggestions would be very helpful. I would like to go back to the creme rinse instead of a conditioner!

By Della B.

I use a 'detangler' as a gentle rinse. Mine's made by Paul Mitchell and I need to go to a specialty shop. I buy the large size and keep refilling.

I personally think that a creme rinse is the exact same product as a conditioner, although there are different kinds of conditioners. I prefer the ones that are light and are rinsed out. I find the ones that come with my hair colouring and that one is supposed to use once a week leave my hair somewhat greasy. I use Herbal Essence conditioners. They seem to leave my hair the same way I remember Tame did.

I also color my hair at home and dislike the conditioner that comes with the box of hair color. I use it the first time, but never afterwards and so I have many tubes left over. Any ideas of what to do with the leftover conditioner other than throwing it away?