Can Dogs Eat Ice Cream?

Can you feed a dog vanilla ice cream? Just a few licks of a bowl daily.

By Margie from Murrieta, CA

I have on occasion. That's my family. Delicious to them and certainly a whole lot better for them is plain yogurt. The kind with no sugar and lots of ophilus's in it. They love it. Helps with immune system, and they feel so special getting their own desert.

Hi,

Two of our four dogs just adore ice-cream, and it hasn't had any ill effects at all. I reckonn follow the rule that too much of certain food groups isn't good for any body so let them have a little a a treat and don't overdo any 'naughty' foods. My Mum had a little Pomeranian who died a couple of months ago at the grand old age of 17 years three months. My Dad gave her a little bowl of ice cream at least every second day all her life and it never harmed her!

Cheers

Vicki, Australia

Ditto for "human snacks".

Maybe letting them lick the bowl every now and then is ok but I wouldn't feed it to them. There is a product called Frosty Paws, ice cream made especially for dogs without all the bad things in it. You can usually find it with the dog food in its own little freezer case. Ask if you don't see it. My dogs love it!

Happy Dog
Frozen Treats for Dogs
Pets Dogs HealthJuly 15, 2010
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎄
🍂