Uses for Plastic Bakery Containers

If you purchase a cake or pastry from a grocery store bakery, they come in quite a nice, sturdy, see through plastic container. If you peel slowly, the labels come off easily. They come in handy to reuse in many ways.

• Store your BBQ meat on the picnic table and cover with the dome top so those pesky flies can't get to it.

• Flip one over and use the top dome as a bowl to mix and transport foods such as salads and fruits. Use the bottom as the lid and serve in same container. Set it in your cooler, then out on the picnic table and you save on transporting dishes.

• They also make great storage for crafts. Use a bigger dome top one to store yarns and threads in. Rectangle ones hold jars of paint, just invert and use the base as a lid.

Recently, I had company who brought a bundt type cake. This one had a large dome on a very sturdy base. Being a bundt cake, the base had a deep well in the center. I cut circles all around the center that my 2 oz. jars of acrylic paint fit into. I use the base now, upside down as a paint palette. I keep a jar of water in the center to rinse my brushes and because it is made of plastic, spills wipe off easily!

By maryeruth from Palm Coast, FL

Uses for Plastic Bakery Containers

How clever, and to think I just threw one away, oh well the garbage man might use it.

This is one I submitted so yes, they are very cool!

I use my lid to gather compost items from my kitchen. When it starts getting full, I take it out to my compost barrow. Really good for the garden.

Can also use as a mini greenhouse to start seeds.

plastic cake dome
Uses for Plastic Cake Domes
Photos OtherApril 18, 2011
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
Business Name Ideas for a Bakery or Ice Cream Shop