Deer Photos and Information

It was nice to go out in the late evening with Mocha, my calico cat. She loves it when I let her stay out after dark. It certainly was cooler when the sun went down. The outdoor lights were on, but I could see better when the moon came up. It looked big and yellow just over the horizon.

I saw some mule deer and figured Mocha would want to bother them, like usual. She likes to stalk them and pretend she is trying to catch one. I was right- she ran right in, but got nervous when the bucks turned their attention towards her. Her bravado has limits, apparently.

I watched the deer graze for a while, then I sat down in the grass in the middle of the small herd. Soon the five deer lay down to chew their cud. The young six point buck and his doe were nearest to me. I watched them chew and listened to cicadas in the trees somewhere. Mocha got bored when the animals wouldn't play and went to check out prairie dog holes instead. I could barely see her white parts moving in the dark. The buck next to me stretched out all four of his legs.

After about half an hour I needed my circulation back so I got up to collect Mocha. The deer did not bother to rise.

I enjoyed spending some time with my friends. Best of all, there was no price of admission.

19 Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Recently a friend invited me to Bluntsville, VA. This was 100 years ago a beautiful ore mining and plantation area. It is now abandoned with old homes, plantations and acres of untouched forest.

Deer in Virginia.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

It isn't unusual to have deer in our yard or the driveway. This evening on my way in I saw this beautiful deer waiting at the top of our driveway. I had just checked the mailbox and gotten back in the car when she came out.

deer on snowy road

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 37

When I look out my front window, I frequently see these 4-legged, beautiful deer come to visit. They eat the bird seed off the ground, and drink from the bird bath.

Looking out Window at Three Deer in Front Yard

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Almost every evening these little ladies come to our bird feeders. That's right, deer eating bird seed! In fact, we had to put the feeders up pretty high in the tree, or the deer knock all the seed out. Now they just come and eat what the birds throw on the ground.

deer at bird feeder

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

This is a picture of a tree stand my grandson built for hunting season. See the deer right next to it. He sure picked a great spot to spot deer.

Deer Below Tree Stand

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

We rented a cabin in Canaan Valley several weeks ago. It was so peaceful and beautiful there. Early one night, while out on the back deck, these deer came up real close to the deck. We could almost touch them.

Deer alone in the Woods

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

We had our first big snow and all the birds have been visiting the bird feeder, but I didn't expect this young deer to be there this morning. It was beautiful and a really natural holiday decoration seen out of our window!

Deer in the Snow - dark room with deer outside the window

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

We were at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo and walking next to the actual Metroparks. We were looking at the reindeer and I glanced into the park area and there were 3 deer. This one was only about 4 feet away over the fence so I took a picture.

Deer in Park Grazing

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

I looked out the kitchen window this morning and this is what I saw. I think deer are so pretty. They are welcome to enjoy the apples as long as they leave the garden alone and stay out of the highway.

Deer under apple tree.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

Having a picnic at the park. This deer came up to us and took our food.

Deer Very Close to Camera in Parking Lot

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

This is a deer my husband and I saw on our walk one morning in Weekii Wachee preserve.

Deer Seen on Morning Walk in Woods

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 6

The little Roe Deer was all alone, so cute all by itself

Lonely Roe Deer Laying in Rocks and Grass

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

The doe raised her fawns in our grove next to the house and garden. We saw them all summer. We live next to a gravel road and they are standing on our front lawn about 150 feet from our house. They also helped themselves to some garden produce. They are beautiful animals.

doe and two fawns

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 2
Load More
Photos WildlifeDecember 11, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Deer-Photos.html