Browsing: Tips for Burning Extra Calories

Create a Calorie Burning Routine For The Winter

HealthStatus.com has a Calories Burned Estimator. Burning 500 extra calories a day will help keep you in shape during the winter months. You enter your weight into their site and choose an activity and put the amount of minutes into the box and it adds up the daily amount of calories you burn. Make sure you feel good at all times, winter tends to make me feel more like sitting. With this chart, I can make sure I am actually doing fun things to brighten my attitude, and it helps me stay with that good feeling of activity.

My favorite calorie burning activities are:

• Housework for 10 minutes burns 38 calories
  • Showering for 10 minutes 56 calories
  • Kicking my feet slowly like a rockette for 5 minutes burns 48 calories
  • Batting with a toy racquet a piece of wadded up paper for the cats for ten minutes burns 60 calories.
  • Frisbee throwing softly across the room for 10 minutes burns 40 calories.
  • Marching in place for 5 minutes burns 39 calories.
  • Dancing for minutes in the house alone to music burns 39 calories.
  • Stretching for 5 minutes burns 26 calories.
  • Writing for 10 minutes burns 14 calories.
  • Playing soccer in the house by batting around a ball or other soft object for 10 minutes, my favorite, burns 93 calories.

The totals of these add up to about 500 or more which is the goal for my everyday exercise quotient. It helps me not get seasonal depression or lack of exercise problems with arthritis. Sometimes I will time commercials and do certain exercises during them so I know the time. You can vary the chart above for different days or use the same ones.

Eventually, when you get really good and start losing weight you will want to add more of the exercises then 500 because your body will be burning calories more efficiently. When you don't feel tired anymore and have lots of energy increase the calories your burn by about 50.

Most of the exercise diet sites cost money now so this is a good free site to use.

I didn't like paying 100 dollars to go to the health club and then not being able to go because the baby didn't like the nursery... lol!

By Racer

Woman Burning Calories
Tips for Burning Extra Calories
Better Living Self ImprovementDecember 4, 2004
Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Burning brush in a backyard.
Alternatives to Backyard Burning
Burning CD
Burning CDs
Burnt Incandescent Bulb
Incandescent Bulbs Burning Out Quickly
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 12:12:19 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.