1997 Isuzu Rodeo Air Condition Problems

I have a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo and my air conditions is not putting out the air flow it should. I have to run it on high in the summer time in order to keep cool. I have taken it to an air conditioner place and it works ok, but the air flow is so light and not throwing out air very strong. What's wrong and what can I do that isn't very costly?

Angelheart from Clyde, TX

I have a '94 Chevy Cavalier and a few years ago my air conditioning and heater started not putting out much air. It also didn't blow air on all settings, only the high setting, and then it sounded like it was blowing hard but hardly anything was coming through.

I took it to the dealership where I had always taken it after purchasing it and they said I needed a new heater core and it would cost $780-some dollars. I had heat for the defrosters (I live in Minnesota :-) ) so I just left it for a few years. Last fall I finally took it to a private garage and they lifted the hood and discovered (as I stood there watching) that a connection was disconnected up close to the windshield under the hood. That took care of the different blower settings instantly. Then, they told me that instead of putting in a whole new heater core, they could clean a filter in there that collects dust, pollen and weed fibers as the years go by and blocks the flow of air. I said "Do it!" it cost me $75.00! It would be worth a try to check it out! The place I took it to is a well established business run by two brothers for about 35 years.

Try the following link. It may be useful.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/

Home and Garden Repair CarsMarch 22, 2007
ThriftyFun
Using ThriftyFun
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Repairing an Air Mattress
Repairing an Air Mattress
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
🎄