Spanish Moss and Cats

Is Spanish moss toxic to cats? I love the way it looks growing in the live oak trees in our yard, but if it might harm my three little buddies, it will have to go.

Thanks,
Sharon from Bunnell, FL

Cinnamon, Sheba, Timmy, and Sharon
To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

To be sure call your vet or the animal poison control.

I've lived in the coastal regions of the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida all my life, and grew up with cats, and believe me, if that stuff was harmful to your cats, there wouldn't be an outdoor cat alive in those four states!! If you still have concerns, consult your vet, and I'm sure s/he will be able to advise you about the Spanish moss as well as many other organic growths, both indoors and out, that would be harmful to your cats if they should decide to sample it.

February 11, 2007 Flag

I need to know if Spanish moss is toxic for cats?

Gladys from New York

Answers:

Spanish Moss and Cats

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe it is poisonous. I had cats a lot growing up & remember my parents clearing the moss away often. (12/27/2006)

By Erin

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Pets CatsJanuary 11, 2007
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Plate of Spanish rice with enchiladas.
Spanish Rice Recipes
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:36:26 PM on 10.0.1.151 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.