Include Recipes With Your Genealogy Research

When Mom died I didn't find her apple pie recipe, it's gone forever. I decided to gather family favorite recipes and put them in the "More Notes" in the genealogy we're working on. That way the kids, grandkids will have a place to look for their childhood favorites.

The Family Tree Maker has 36 places for each persons photos and a nice space for short stories, remembrances. That's where the recipes are going. And they are backed up on CD's as new info is added. Hopefully more people will do this for their families. I wish I had thought of this sooner.

By Great Granny Vi

I think this is a super idea, would have loved Mum's bread pudding recipe. I've never made one quite the same.

Marg from England.

A stack of old black and white family photos.
Researching Your Genealogy
Better Living Family GenealogyNovember 26, 2004
Cheese Fondue
Fondue Recipes
A pile of birth certificates and marriage licenses.
Organizing Genealogy Information
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country