Value of a Prototype Doll

Category Dolls
Prototype dolls can have a higher value than production items. Research can help you confirm its uniqueness and hence value. This page offers some great tips for conducting this type of research.

This is a prototype doll that was developed by a company that ceased operating in 2019, so it remains a one-of. It is the main character from the childrens' television show "True and the Rainbow Kingdom"

It measures 11x5x5 inches, is made of a soft plastic with mobile limbs and head. The shoes are removable and made of a rubber material. The buttons on the chest activate a series of recorded phrases.

Would anyone have an idea if there's a market for this? It appears that the collectors' market is mainly for antiques.

Answers

Here is a link to what eBay is asking for this cute figure that is new and in perfect condition - at $75 + $21.99 for shipping outside of the US -www.ebay.com/.../253684381955

Hi Ana, thanks. I had come across the Ebay dolls and there are a fair number of plush dolls available. The one that I posted is different- it's a one-off using factory-grade plastics, so I was wondering if there's a market for unique and production quality items.

In the collector field there is always a market for dolls like this that are one of a kind or prototypes that never went into production. Now to find this market is a bit harder and eBay or Etsy will not help at all. What needs to be done is a lot of research for one of a kind collectables. I can give you a few websites to check out. I did find that they hold auctions for one of a kind item at a website I found out of Florida.

You would need to contact these companies and explain what you have. I do believe they would auction the item off but I am not really sure how all of this works for an item like you have. Here are a few sites you can write to to ask them your questions to see if they can help you out a bit more.
www.oakauctions.com/default.aspx
www.invaluable.com/.../one-of-a-kind-collectibles-auctions...
www.onekindcollectable.com/.../

Thank you, poehere, that was exactly what I was looking for. I had been using completely the wrong search terms before, and hadn't realised that "one of a kind" would be a better term.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMay 21, 2020
👔
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
🎆

Generated 2020-05-22 23:09:07 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️