Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Permanent Marker from Hair

0 0EmailFollow
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair

If your or your child accidentally or intentionally got permanent marker in your hair it can be a chore to remove. This is a guide about removing permanent marker from hair.

Here are questions related to Removing Permanent Marker from Hair.

Question: Removing Permanent Marker from Hair

I put Crayola permanent marker in my hair. How do I get it out?

By Julissa

Most Recent Answer

By Marty Dick [142]08/27/2014

You might have to let it grow out or color all your hair with the appropriate type of color.

Question: Removing Sharpie from Hair

Can you get red Sharpie out of brown hair? It's been in for a while now, but I want it to come out now! What should I do?

By Jessika

Most Recent Answer

By Jean [2]08/02/2012

Try saturating the colored hair with rubbing alcohol. You might have to apply more than once - it dries very quickly.
If the color comes out, you need to wash your hair afterwards.

Question: Removing Permanent Marker in Hair

My daughter created highlights in her hair with a red permanent marker, how can I remove it?

Cuscus from Winchester ON

Most Recent Answer

By lauren.og12/05/2014

You can use coconut oil! :) Just saturate and wipe down the hair piece with coconut oil, then wash that area with shampoo.

Question: Sharpie in Hair

I have Sharpie in my hair. How do I get it out?

Alisha from Elma, WA

Most Recent Answer

By Piper (Guest Post)02/16/2008

I put sharpie in my hair[my hair is brown] and after a couple of washes with shampoo it will come out. It just seems to get all over your towel.

Solutions: Removing Permanent Marker from Hair

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Permanent Ink In Hair

Can someone suggest anything for removing permanent purple ink from bleach blond hair? A friend of mine who has waste length hair, picked up a marker to hold her hair up in a bun... Unbeknownced to her the cap came off and leaked a nice big extremely conspicuous blotch of ink in the middle of her hair. She tried washing it out with shampoo but it didnt have any impact on the stain.

Stephanie from Tustin, CA

RE: Permanent Ink In Har

Lemon juice might help. Section off that strip. and then use old cloth with hair sandwiched in between and blot like. Call a local beautician also. (10/08/2005)

By giggligoo

RE: Permanent Ink In Hair

The only thing I know that will definitely take it out is nail polish remover. But, I don't know if this will damage her hair. (10/10/2005)

By sjackie2000

RE: Permanent Ink In Hair

Try isopropyl alchohol 99%. I removed sharpie black permanent marker from white leather shoes with this. Good Luck. (10/30/2005)

By Lisa

RE: Permanent Ink In Hair

Nail polish remover will work, but must be the kind WITH acetone. Good luck! (04/27/2006)

By KerBearRN

RE: Permanent Ink In Hair

The same thing happened to me I used nail polish remover and immediately washed it out with cold water this seemed to get it out almost immediately. (11/06/2006)

By jessica