Growing Jalapeno Pepper Plant

I had a lot of success last year with my jalapeno pepper plant and was wondering if I need to dig it up and replant again. Thank you.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Juanita from Salisbury, NC

Juanita, your planting hardiness zone is close to mine so I'll share my experiences. Unless the plant has naturally re-seeded (which is very iffy in the mid to upper U.S.) you will need to plant new seeds or new bedding plants every year. I don't count on the natural re-seeding, but if another plant happens to pop up, I just enjoy the extra harvest. Those home grown hot peppers are yummy, aren't they! Good luck and happy eats.

We lived in Orlando, FL, and had 1 pepper plant which thrived 3 whole years and bore so many peppers that we shared with everyone we knew. The 4th year, it fizzled out. It was in a very large container, and that might have had something to do with its living and bearing so long and good, I don't know.

We also grew a few tomatoes and 12 okra plants. Cooking the okra and tomatoes and a chopped onion together, then

adding just a single pepper, it made the most delicious side dish.

Good luck with your pepper plant.

Pookarina

Jalapeno Peppers
Growing Jalapeno Peppers
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingFebruary 23, 2011
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Pepper Plant
Growing Pepper Plants
Photo of homemade jalapeno poppers.
Jalapeno Popper Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 11:21:27 AM on 10.0.0.134 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.