Crockpot Pinto Beans Recipes

Ideas and resources for cooking pinto beans in the crockpot.

Beans And Bacon

Wash beans, cover with warm water. Let stand over night, or several hours. Place beans in crock pot, add half pound uncooked bacon. (bacon can also be crisp fried, reserving fat. If you enjoy Cracker Barrel style pinto beans, use fried bacon. Put soaked beans into crock pot, add bacon, fill pot with water, add 1 tablespoon salt. cook on high until boiling. set on low, cook until beans are tender, and juice thickens. Add reserved fat . Stir well, simmer for 30 minutes, and enjoy.

By Judy

Fix It and Forget It

Go to your local library and check out a book or two for crockpots. "Fix it and forget it" is a great book to start with.

By Diamondee

Pork And Beans

This is triple cheap, triple easy, triple good. One pound of pinto beans, washed and picked through. Dump in crock pot with 1 lb. of pork neck bones (flavor is wonderful with beans) and 2 packages of Goyas 'Sazon' spice, available in Mexican food section at the store. This is not a hot spice, and should be about 79 cents a pack. Set on low, it will be ready by evening.

C.J. Cox

Beans And Hominy

About an hour before the beans are done in crockpot, I add some drained white hominy. Use 2 big cans of white hominy, rinse and add to crockpot. I serve with chopped onions and chopped cilantro and put out a bottle of Cholula sauce or salsa. Hominy is in Mex Food Section WalMart carries it.

I usually use an old ham bone and some ham, the best is cheap. Smoked hamhocks cooked with the beans are the BEST! Great, now I want some!

By meoowmom

Quick Soak And Slow Cook

I "quick soak" the pintos. Pick through them and bring them to a boil in a regular pot. Once there, cover, turn off the heat and let them sit that way for an hour. Then pour into a colander and rinse. You do NOT want to cook beans in the soaking water. Then, add them to the crock pot with fresh water, a ham hock and a little bit of salt. Cook on high for 2 hours or low for the rest of the weekend if you want. Serve with onion, tomato, corn bread and plenty of hot sauce.

By Dave

Crockpot Pinto Beans

soak one pound pinto beans over night. I Put one pound pinto beans into crock pot then i filled with water untill about one and a half inches above beans then added half of a green pepper, one bay leaf .Zattarans red beans and rice seasoning mix the one without rice in it ,then i added poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder ,salt, pepper stirred and covered let thicken then serve over brown rice very healty.

4 cups pinto beans, picked through for rocks

1 chopped onion

1 tablespoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cumin

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Throughly rinse off the beans in a colander. Combine all ingredients in a 3 quart crockpot.

Add water up to 1 inch of the rim.

Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours.

You do not need to soak the beans. Once they are done, you can use them in chili or put them through the food processor for burritos.

Why is it that no one ever say how many cups of uncooked beans per quart. I have 3 different sizes of crockpots. This has been very frustrating! Can you help me?

Editor's Note: Beans usually come in 1 pound packages. Each pound of dry beans is a little under 2.5 cups. 1 cup of dry navy beans = 2 1/2 - 3 cups cooked beans so pinto beans would be pretty similar.

There are 4 cups to a quart so if you were cooking 2 quarts of chili, you would want to use about 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups dry beans.

This is the easiest and best pinto beans ever.

After rinsing the dry beans, put into crockpot. Cover with water that it about twice the level of the beans. No need to measure!

Add one chunk of salt pork and cook on high if eating same day or low if not.

My crock pot is very effecient and will cook the beans very quickly on high.

I also used this same method for black eyed peas. So YUMMY!

2 cups pinto beans

1 Onion chopped

2 fresh peppers

of your choice

1bay leaf

2 or 3 Chunks of Smoked Pork Neck bones

2 teas.cumin

1 teas. black pepper

3 teas sea salt

3 minced garlic cloves

1 pinch of raw sugar (the healther sugar)

Put all ingedients in the crockpot, fill with water, turn on high and bring to a boil, reduce heat to Low.

Cook beans til tender and liquid is nice and thick.

This Method can be done overnight (set it and forget it!!)

eat with corn bread, pour over rice.

If there is leftovers refrigerate for the next day stretch ur dollar..Brown 1lb. of Ground Beef and add to it w/1 can of tomatoe sauce, or 1 can of crushed tomatoes...That's good chili fixin's

I love a batch of pinto beans slow cooked by package directions with ham, salt, pepper and seasoned salt to taste in the last hour of cooking. They are easy, perfect southern style pintos.

RJ - I'd never cooked with pork neck bone before, so I wanted to try your recipe. I added salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. With cornbread on the side, this recipe is a keeper! Thanks:)

Pinto Bean Recipes
Slow Cooker Pinto Bean Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotMarch 6, 2007
Pinto Beans
Canning Pinto Beans
Pinto Beans on White Background
Recipes Using Pinto Beans
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Scattering of dried pinto beans with red peppers and cilantro. Cooking Dried Beans
Freezing Pinto Beans